10 Months In and Committed

Just wanna share my good fortune and some good wisdom. The news came on December last year, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, like many others I was severely overweight (at 307.4lbs) and with many other high risk factors for heart risks. Since then I have made a goal upon my self and slow, but surely change my lifestyle, exercise routines and eating habits. The results speak for themselves. Today I have lost 41 lbs, but this is just about 30% of the total weight I have set my target weight to be. So there is more work for me to go.

You may ask, what keep me motivated? I tell you, I have flaunted several times, but that has not let me down. But what keeps me going is my son. The fatherly urge to be there with him, to be healthy for him and to me able to run the 5k with every time (at least to try). He is my motivation. Of course I have help, My wonderful wife for many year is my partner in crime. Without her I just could not have come to realization of what the important things in life are.

In summary, the road is hard, will be hard ... but with a great support team and a clear goal and time ... you will get there.

Wish you all success!

Replies

• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    excellent work man, we basically have the same SW and GW. You are walking proof that this is possible! thanks for sharing
  • And You also what a great story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!