Nintendo wii???

Options
Do any of you count playing wii sports as your exercise? How many calories does it burn? I work up quite a sweat when I play, and I play about 1h every day. Should I just count is as a bonus and not enter it to mfp?

Thanks

Replies

• cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i would really count any movement like that as exercise.... so is the wii games fun ....???? i was really thinking of getting one...let me know please:smile:
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I count it as exercise. I wear my HRM so that I know how many cals I've burned as the ones Wii fit show you aren't quite as accurate.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey,

If you check under exercises the Wii is listed :-) 60 minutes of wii tennis equals around 289 calories burned!

Have fun!

Cheers, A
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    YES its definitely counted as excercise in fact i'm gonna do some wii tennis today you should be able to find how many calories burned for most of the wii sports games in the exercise tool thingy (cant remember wot its called sorry). Have fun!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    i would really count any movement like that as exercise.... so is the wii games fun ....???? i was really thinking of getting one...let me know please:smile:
    Its so much fun! I play with my husband, and we are both very competetive, so we put a lot of effort into it. I play tennis mostly, but also boxing and cycling. I would reccomend it to anyone!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey,

If you check under exercises the Wii is listed :-) 60 minutes of wii tennis equals around 289 calories burned!

Have fun!

Cheers, A
    Cool, thanks :drinker:
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I haven't counted the Wii sports but , I do the Wii fit and count those. You are right it is movement maybe if you time how long you play and then log it under " Wii Fit exercise". That will give you some small idea.
  • jeastertag
    Options
    I would count it. I definitely worked up a sweat when I was using it two years ago. I think there was something on there that tells you how many calories each exercise burns, but I could be mistaken since I haven't played it in some time :P The Wii stuff is pretty fun, cutiepie2628. Definitely get one if you can get it for a decent price :)
  • cutiepie2628
    Options
    Its so much fun! I play with my husband, and we are both very competetive, so we put a lot of effort into it. I play tennis mostly, but also boxing and cycling. I would reccomend it to anyone!

okay... thanks this would probably be so fun for me and my husband to...
  • cutiepie2628
    Options
    I would count it. I definitely worked up a sweat when I was using it two years ago. I think there was something on there that tells you how many calories each exercise burns, but I could be mistaken since I haven't played it in some time :P The Wii stuff is pretty fun, cutiepie2628. Definitely get one if you can get it for a decent price :)

yeah i can get at a nice price .... used...with a warranty... thanks yall..:happy: