Negative Calorie Foods!!

Options
http://www.livestrong.com/article/28647-list-negative-calorie-foods/ - I've run a fair few of the foods listed on this site through the MFP food database and they've all been negative/zero calorie foods! That means you can eat as much of them as you want!

The only thing is, as everyone here on MFP should already know, you need to to take on a certain amount of a calories a day as a minimum, so basing a complete diet on these foods IS NOT a good idea. But I find it easing to know that when I'm feeling peckish and I've got basically no calories left, I can eat these foods to tame the hungry giant to my hearts content.

But, just to be on the safe side, probably best to run the food through MFP before you eat it just to make sure. As I said, I only ran a few foods through, nowhere near all of them.

I found this site and thought it may be helpful to anyone else out there who's been having trouble with the eating habit.

Good luck to everyone and I really hope I helped, I however little a way.

Replies

• oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I did not know you could eat terrapin. You learn a new thing every day...
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    just checked out the site, thanks. bring on the fruit smoothies yum yum.
  • SpiritSoldier92
    Options
    :)
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    I love this article! Thanks!
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have read about negative calories but you after I saw Elephants in a zoo eating carrots and vegetables and being as big as they are I stopped believing in negative calories food. I think everything has the calories they have. 5-10% of what we eat do get used for thermal process of digestion but that's about it. I have started eating a lot of carrots just to snack on but they have the calories they have 40 cals for 100 grams and if I persist I can eat 3 kgs a day 1200 cals and that will count as 1200 cals.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    thanks for the info... sounds great
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't believe in negative calorie foods. If it has nutritional value it has calories.

Even celery and cucumber has a few calories.

Sure, if you eat paper or a shoe or something! But other than that ... nope, I don't buy it.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering why some weeks I was having great success and other weeks only mild success. Guess it is true! You are (or less are) what you eat!!!

Thanks for the post!! :)
  • SpiritSoldier92
    Options
    Please just make sure you do run it through MFP before you eat it just to be sure! I can't stress that enough. I put it in the post! I don't wanna be held responsible for others gaining weight from this post!!
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Please just make sure you do run it through MFP before you eat it just to be sure! I can't stress that enough. I put it in the post! I don't wanna be held responsible for others gaining weight from this post!!
    Haha.
  • SpiritSoldier92
    Options
    What? I did put it in the post.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Does that mean that if I eat a kilogram of brocolli (-55cals per 100g) I can then have a Big Mac? And still no calories? Think not. :laugh:
  • inspiration345
    Options
    What? I did put it in the post.
    No I was just laughing because I found it funny that you said you didn't want to be responsible for anyone gaining weight from this post. No hard feelings or negativeness at all :). We all have our own ideas about different things and everything works differently for different people.
  • SpiritSoldier92
    Options
    Hey look, I said that I didn't check all of them. I also recommended that people check it through MPF before eating it.
  • SpiritSoldier92
    Options
    Hey look, I said that I didn't check all of them. I also recommended that people check it through MPF before eating it.
  • christinaroxz
    Options
    Awesome find! Thanks for sharing! I was so confused at first when I read negative calorie foods! :huh:
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    I hope no one takes this seriously. Come on apples, oranges, and pineapples are negative calories?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/negative-calorie-foods/AN02040
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I hope you all know the negative calorie thing is a myth............

Putting them into MFP is just bringing up entries in the data base where someone else bought into this nonsense.........

Nothing is 0 calorie except for water and these man-made foods made in a lab or factory.

It really is common sense people.
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I hope you all know the negative calorie thing is a myth............

Putting them into MFP is just bringing up entries in the data base where someone else bought into this nonsense.........

Nothing is 0 calorie except for water and these man-made foods made in a lab or factory.

It really is common sense people.
    Exactly.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    <
    mmmm dinner.
    I did not know you could eat terrapin. You learn a new thing every day...