Motivation/Encouragement needed

So I've been doing insanity for almost 2 weeks now (I still have Saturday's workout this week to complete). My problem is that this morning I stepped on the scale for the first time since starting just to see where I was at. I was expecting to have lost at least a pound, but I haven't lost anything!!! I was shocked to see that the scale hasn't moved, and now just feel kind of down about that fact. I just don't know what else I can or should do to help lose the weight I want to get rid of. My whole motivation besides trying to get more fit is to make sure I fit into my wedding dress in almost 7 months, which has been really helping to push me but the whole scale not changing is a hard fact to swallow. Any ideas, support, and encouragement would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Replies

• tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Did you do measurements? The scale isn't the only measure of weight loss... It will come with time... Hang in there! It sounds like you are really committed... and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!
  • To me there is nothing worse than REALLY working to lose and then seeing no results...really discouraging! But keep on keepin on...the pounds will drop...I have been where you are so I know it will happen if you just don't give up :)
  • I took measurements on the first day of insanity and will be doing my next measurement on Monday when I take the second fit test, so hopefully I will see something there.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Tracy is right. You should be taking measurements. You've probably converted fat to muscle. A pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. If you think about it, I bet you will notice a difference in the way your cloths fit. Don't give up!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    It is very discouraging but worth it to continue, Most likely you've lost inches & your body is changing fat to muscle. Give it some time & see where you're at in a few days, next measurement, next weigh in.

Step off the scale for now & Think about How you feel in other ways, are your clothes a bit loose? How is your skin? Your stamina? A lot changes but we are so fixated on the scale & the number it screams at us=/

Seeing some of the px90 photos it is no joke Keep up the hard work & stay strong & positive!