Help: Hit a plateau

Options
So, when I first started MFP, I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. That worked for a month, then I hit a stand still. I then lowered it to 1 1/2 pounds a week. This was working awesomely!!! Then, it came up that I hit the 15 pound mark and need to reevaluate. Well, for 1 1/2 pound weight loss, my calories went from 1340 to 1200. So, a week later, and nothing. Should I go down to lose 1 pound a week? Any advice would be very much greatly appreciated!! Thank you:)

Replies

• PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    1lb a week is recommended so maybe switch down.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Generally a week isn't considered a plateau, a plateau is over a longer period of time, say 4 weeks, staying 100% and no loss.

Have you looked at the foods you're eating and not just the number?

Try mixing it up a bit, try some new foods, cut out anything over processed and such.

xxxx
  • yoshi317
    Options
    i know you want to see more but realistically you schould only be losing a 1to 2lbs a week thats the healthy way.but you can always sit down and look over if you are doing anything different from when you were losing more weight and also the activity if you have been doing the same thing your body get use to it so will have to change are increase the intensity usually that works and stay consistent with you calorie level to help keep metobolism going good luck
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    I looked at a few days of your food diary, You aren't eating enough veggies definitely. I didn't see any log for exercise for the past couple days so definitely get a dvd or something and start working out. (Cardio and strength training) Not sure about your water intake but make sure you're getting tons of water. Good luck!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do not go below 1200 calories. You need that just to function and if you go any lower you will not lose weight. If you are working out then you may need to kick up your workouts, if you do workout you may want to change what you are doing. I agree maybe changing your foods adding new stuff. Also, if you are working out are you eating your calories that you burn? If you are not then you need to start. If you burn 200 calories a day and are at 1200 then your body is only getting 1000 calories. You need to eat more.

Whatever you are doing your body has adjusted so you need to change it.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    2 lb. a week is a lot! As long as you are maintaining or going down, don't worry about it. This is a lifetime change, not a race!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I would go down to 1lb/week yes. I don't know how anyone makes it on 1200 calories a day.

I'm currently set to .5lb/week (and I only weigh a bit less than you) and I get to eat 1680/day BEFORE exercise. Its awesome.
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. Usually I eat lots of fruits and veggies, but haven't made it to the store, that is Monday:) Exercise has not been my strong suit lately, so I step it up! I switched to 1 pound loss a week and hope to see if that helps. I will let everyone know! Thanks again guys! I totally appreciate it!!!