Only two pounds but I feel a difference already

Options
ElizabethRoad
ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
I started two weeks ago and I've lost two pounds so far. I wouldn't expect to lose more than a pound a week so I'm right on target so far. I am 5'7" and I didn't think two pounds would make much of a difference. But I definitely feel slimmer.

So I thought, maybe I have lost some inches. I measured last night and my waist is 2.5" smaller. That doesn't seem possible, but my jeans agree - they were loose to begin with and now they want to fall off.

Seems like a lot to lose in two weeks!

Replies

• terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've lost two pound and two waist inches. Surprisingly my SO commented on the difference.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    WOOT! good for you both! isn't this place amazing!? I've been here since July and i just love it.
    Have fun & good luck! can friend me if you like
  • LifeasTHM
    LifeasTHM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    same here I have lost almost 4 lbs and I have so much more energy(or wind as I like to call it) when I'm working out and I now feel the urge to go and workout. I love love love this site for keeping me honest with what I eat and it really makes a difference for me. Keep up the good work :)
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I first started on here I felt the same way. I started drinking a lot of water and my clothes didn't feel so tight around my tummy area. I didn't realise how much I was affected by water retention. If I get a bit slack with my water I start to gain around the middle but I know how to stop it.

Well done on an amazing start. It all helps with the motivation you need to keep going. :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You and I have similar stories! I'm 5'7" also, and I just started. I lost 3 pounds, and I feel a HUGE difference already! Not only are my clothes fitting better, but I am sleeping better too! Also, my skin has seemed to get healthier overnight! Who knew there were positives to losing weight other than health/appearance benefits?! LOL, I sure didn't!
  • FrayedKnot
    Options
    Well done!
    As well as the few pounds making a difference, the psychological boost of getting your head sorted means you see yourself more positively. You just know you are on the way!
    Good luck!
    Cheers
    Steve
    PS Feel free to make me a friend.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The main changes I have made so far:

Logging all my food
    Packing a lunch
    Keeping healthier snacks at work
    Going for a walk every day

I'm going to gradually add more exercise and improve the quality of my food. But just making these small changes allows me to stay at my calorie goal without ever feeling deprived, and I have more energy.
  • Me too!

I started back up again 2 weeks ago today and weigh in confirms 2lb lost. It's such a boost isn't it. I log in advance for the day around lunch so I know what I have left. First food shop this week in a good while with no unhealthy treats on it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!