GOING CRUISING!

Options
Leaving on my 7 day cruise on Sunday. Plan on hitting the elliptical for an hour a day and hopefully not going crazy on my food intake by avoiding the buffet line more than once at a sitting and doing the main dining room for dinner. Any more tips would help, thanks!

Wish me luck!!

AAA

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good luck, and enjoy! something that works for me is going to the buffet for a salad first, and then when you go back just get one thing at a time.

don't forget all the calories in the alcohol.
  • allison_joan
    Options
    I go on a cruise every summer and let me tell you, it really isn't that bad! I went on one in August and yes, I eat more than I usually do but I'm also moving more than I usually do because walking across a huge boat over and over again really helps! Along with hitting the gym of course. I gained 2 pounds on my cruise (my cousin gained 1.5, my sister gained 2, and my grandma, who was the least active, gained 4) and I ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet part, I ate my dinners in the main dining room and I snacked throughout the cruise (and by snacking I mean, pretty much eating almost a full meal). It's seven days but remember you will probably be walking more than you think and if not the pounds probably won't take to long to take off once you get home!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    WATER!!! and lots of it! When I went on my cruise in June I gained 3.8 lbs, but four days after getting back home I had lost it all again! Have fun and WALK tons!
  • santina24
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise in December and plan on taking the stairs everywhere instead of the elevator. I really hate going to the buffet and eat all my meals in the Dining Room. I don't know if it's any healthier, but at least you wouldn't be tempted to go back for 2nds. Doing the elliptical for an hour a day is an excellent idea, I think I'll do the same. Have a great time!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I agree with hitting the salad part of the buffet first and, in the main dining room, choose the spa options - low calories, low sodium and low fat.

In addition to the elliptical, use the stairs to get around rather than the elevators - a few extra calories burned there!
  • aaalfaro888
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the ideas and the support!! I will post when i get back to let everyone know if it killed me, lol.

AAA