Finally 20 lbs down!

Options
I am super excited so I just had to share it, I am officially 21.2 lbs down from when I commited to weight loss in July of this year! I still have another 30 lbs to go but I was so excited when I weighed in today and saw that I have finally jumped the 20 lb mark! :)

I hope to all the people who are struggling to lose the weight and are looking at the success stories board for inspiration that you don't let yourself get discouraged, sometimes weight loss is a slow journey and it is not easy but nothing compares to the feeling you get when you hop on the scale and realize you've had a good loss! Stay on course and really put some effort into it and you will see results!

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    YAY you should be proud!!! I have 4# to go to get to 20 since the last week in July...and can't wait to see it!!! I'm hoping that in a week and a half I will!!! (I weigh on Mondays... so it could happen!)
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Isn't that an awesome feeling! Makes all the sacrifices worth while. :D Congrats!!
  • kimkimchi
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    super job! thank you for inspiring the MFP community to stick with it.

however, I'm not going to leave you with "super job". I want you to continue your success so you can achieve your goal. While this is a nice milestone, keep in mind that success is fleeting if you get complacent or lax. be happy, but don't celebrate too much. keep doing the great things that you have been doing so far and you will achieve your goal.
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    CONGRATS! Believe me... I'm standing in your shoes as I type this. Sometimes it feels like it's taking FOR-EV-ERRRRR (The Sandlot - LOL). I started this eating and exercise lifestyle change (I REFUSE to call it a diet) on June 17th. It has been 18 weeks and as of this morning I am down a total of 19.4lbs. I'm so close I can taste it! I've been averaging about a pound loss per week (had 2 weeks where I gained). Also, I'm down 2 clothing sizes. (Age 31, 5'4" SW 152.8, CW 133.4, GW 122.8)

Keep up the great work!!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, I have 4# to get to the 20 lost and I am sooooo excited to get there. Its weird how getting the weight on seems so easy and you don't notice, but getting it off can be a task. I am up for the challenge, hence my pic..LOL. Good job!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    woohooo way to go!!
  • ellyallen
    Options
    That is awesome. You should be proud of your accomplishment! I'm hoping to be there someday too! :)
  • lisa1686
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You have proved that what you're doing is working! Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!