Weekend Food!

Options
Hi Everyone!

Any food suggestions on what to eat when dining out. Usually I end up at the local bar with hamburgers and fries kind food or a TGI Fridays?

Thank you!

Replies

• tricia3368
    Options
    grilled chicken, skip the fries with your burger, extra celery with your wings, or simply eat a salad there... Good luck weekends are also hard for me But REMEMBER the long term goal here and you should be fine :)
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nachos & salsa for me. And a Margarita (no ice; not frozen)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, just make sure you chug extra water. Even the healthy stuff at restaurants is loaded with sodium! :grumble: Sad but true.
  • timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian so I skip the meat anyways. Appetizers are usually a good option. Hummus and pita? Or maybe even spinach dip and veggies. You have a lot of options. I typically tell the serves to trade out food for something. Also, fish. Fish is so healthy and good for you.
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    weekends are hell on my eating- best things I can suggest is drink more water than booze at the bar- and look for options that are grilled without cheese. can be hard to do- but not impossible.
  • timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree. Pumped with sodium generally :/
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    eat what you want, but in moderation, then just exercise more to make up for it. it's not like you eat this every day is it?

if i was to order a burger, chances are, i'll share a portion of fries with someone instead of having a whole portion, and i will only have one half of the bread and order extra salad.

skip dessert and have fruit at home, or have a coffee instead of ice cream perhaps?
  • Sharieddington
    Options
    I have the same issue, especially since my hubby doesn't have to diet. I try to plan ahead so that we will eat at a place that has some heatlhy options. If I know that I may eat a higher calorie dinner, I'll eat light all day. You can also double the veggies and lower the meat. Or just go for it and work out that night, lol.
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    My favorite weekend food is Chicken Fajita's. If you stick with just the veggie toppings like peppers, onions, and lettuce, tomato and a little guacomole you can have one or two tortillas and be very satisfied. Since most places bring you portions for two take half home and eat it the following day for lunch.
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one...try a salad with chicken dressing on the side or salsa instead of dressing ( I like salsa with a bit of ranch)..use your fork to dip into the dressing instead of pouring on. I also will get a chicken sandwich dry/with veggies on it and take off I piece of the bread. Or split it in half and take the other half home or give to a friend. I also drink either wine or soda water/vodka with a splash of pineapple juice.
    lifes too short not to enjoy...you could also up your workout for the day or do 20 minutes or so extra the following workout!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Any soup that's not creamy (minestrone or black bean are great), and any salad with 3-4 oz of protein that's (no creamy dressing; caesar at a restaurant can run you 1,000 cals). Most decent restaurants have a salad with protein or one you can add chicken, salmon or steak to.

And wave away the bread basket.

I don't worry about sodium at restaurants.
  • racotten
    racotten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, just smaller portions and stay under your calories. And if you go over a little work it off. Its the KISS approach for me that has worked, keep it simple stupid.