Extreme's??

Ok I have been maintaining since August and although I usually go up 2/3 sometimes 4lbs after the weekends (Fri & Sat) I am always back to my goal by the following Friday. I always over eat at the weekend with junk (yes I know) and I feel very gulity logging my weekends so I was thinking of not logging anymore on the weekend and being very good Sunday through Thursday, and just enjoying Friday and Saturday and eating whatever I want?? What do you guys think of the rather extreme way of eating very good and then very bad??

Replies

• netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    If you log, you know what you need to burn to compensate for the rest of the week - it sounds like this is about the guilt. How can you get past the emotions involved around your breakout days?
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    I think if it's working for you then don't mess with it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i agree, if it works for you then go for it!
  • lsjett1
    lsjett1 Posts: 20
    I do the same thing! I cheat with wine or beer though....and then food the next day!

I am still losing, but it is coming off slowly. I was at the same weight for several weeks. Luckily, I am down 2 lbs with my weigh in this morning. The 2 lb loss is actually motivation for me to stick to the healthy eating plan this weekend.

I decided that I am going to track the weekends, even when it is ugly. I think it will make me accountable- and think twice before eating potato chips!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    I agree with the others. Until it starts to be a problem, I'd keep doing what you're doing if it's easy to maintain.
  • davistd1
    davistd1 Posts: 11 Member
    I have been doing this for years! You seem to be doing better than me since I ultimately gained weight and now joined MFP. I would say track, it will keep you accountable. Also, if you break out on the weekends I would say at least drink and track your water. Good luck and don't feel bad about enjoying a few things..
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    I'm trying to learn how to maintain my current weight whilst zig-zagging calories and yes, I certainly use more of my cals at weekends but I still 'try' and make good decisions where possible....i.e. I might be going for a three course meal (though the third course is generally wine and not cake!) so I'll eat well during the day and go for a run or a long walk....I then am trying to work out my remaining calories for the rest of the week which will be less than consumed at the weekend.

Personally I'm an avid logger and I would say yes to continuing it. I think I make better choices because of it, because if I put it there in black and white I can see what I'm doing to myself and the things that made me fat to start with...

Feel free to have a nose through my diary or add me as a friend...as I said I'm just starting down this route.. : )