belly fat

Is there a diet or exercise that will specifically target the little jelly belly? I am fit all over except for my belly. Any ideas?

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. if you create a caloric deficit, you will lose fat...and if you only have fat around your tummy, then that's where you will lose it.

as far as exercise, try HIIT. examples of HIIT are in my workout blog below.
  • unfortunately this is the hardest place to work out and get fit. Lots of sit ups. I would do some jack knifes yoga is really good for this area to
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    conjugated linoleic acid
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    You cannot isolate fat loss. For most people, belly fat is the last to go. Doing a bunch of crunches and situps will make your abs stronger (and if you do too many, lead to injury) but that will not make the fat around them go away.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    unfortunately this is the hardest place to work out and get fit. Lots of sit ups. I would do some jack knifes yoga is really good for this area to

While sit ups may slightly burn fat (especially if they are intense sit ups causing your heart rate to rise) but sit ups will primarily only firm and tone the muscles underneathe the fat. This is not bad, of course you want those muscles to be toned and in shape, but it won't do much of any good in terms of burning the actual fat off unless you are doing some type of cardio as well.
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Cardio! Cardio! Cardio! and more Cardio!

Like hmalin1 said HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is what works!

Best of luck on your fat burning!
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Clean eating also helps a lot too!

Eliminate your refined sugar and flour intake.