Hi -new but not really.....question?

Options
Hi everyone,

I did this for awhile and did well lost 30 [ounds at one point and thought I am good now but I gained only a few back and feel awful so I am back here again. Not sure what to do this time.:noway:

I am now trying the special k diet and need some advise from anyone that has done this diet....does it really work? I am also scheduling some time with a nutrionist next week.

THank you so much.

Replies

• PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I did this for awhile and did well lost 30 [ounds at one point and thought I am good now but I gained only a few back and feel awful so I am back here again. Not sure what to do this time.:noway:

I am now trying the special k diet and need some advise from anyone that has done this diet....does it really work? I am also scheduling some time with a nutrionist next week.

THank you so much.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    why are you changing things? What you did last time seemed to work. What a lot of people don't get is that maintaining your weight can be as tough as losing it. You still need to count your calories, and keep up to date weigh-ins and measurements. Things don't end when you get to that ideal number... Actually that's only the beginning. The special K diet doesn't sound like a good plan- 1. it sounds like it will get way boring, really fast! 2. Sounds like you'll be missing out on many many of the important nutrients your body requires. 3. it's a DIET, not a sustainable change in your eating habits.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    The nutritionist sounds like a great plan. They will guide you in the best direction.

Sorry - I haven't followed the plan - I don't think it gives you enough "real" food to fuel your body but I do love the cereal bars for breakfast with a banana.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Besides having a great name, Lucko's advice is CORRECT-A-MUNDO!!!! Don't waste your time with Special K diet. It's nutritionally incomplete, it's boring, it doesn't really work very well. Just use the site's suggestions: stick to your calories, exercise (and eat your extra earned calories) and drink your water.

Check the ticker: it works! And I did not have to bore myself silly with cereal!

That is all:wink:

Good Luck
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    why are you changing things? What you did last time seemed to work. What a lot of people don't get is that maintaining your weight can be as tough as losing it. You still need to count your calories, and keep up to date weigh-ins and measurements. Things don't end when you get to that ideal number... Actually that's only the beginning. The special K diet doesn't sound like a good plan- 1. it sounds like it will get way boring, really fast! 2. Sounds like you'll be missing out on many many of the important nutrients your body requires. 3. it's a DIET, not a sustainable change in your eating habits.
    I couldn't agree more.

The only thing "special" about the Special K diet is that it's low in calories. You should just cut calories anyway with MFP and at least have more variety with regular nutritious foods.

You did it before, you can do it again.:flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Ditto on that. The nutritionist is a good idea. Special K cereal is as about as healthy as FROOT LOOPS or COCCOA PUFFS so you mish as well eat one of those.
    Besides having a great name, Lucko's advice is CORRECT-A-MUNDO!!!! Don't waste your time with Special K diet. It's nutritionally incomplete, it's boring, it doesn't really work very well. Just use the site's suggestions: stick to your calories, exercise (and eat your extra earned calories) and drink your water.

Check the ticker: it works! And I did not have to bore myself silly with cereal!

That is all:wink:

Good Luck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, you will love it here, I do. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey!!!!!!!! I would say to stick to what you did last time to lose the 30 pounds.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Have to just echo it back... fads and "diets" don't work. They may take some weight off due to depriving your body of calories but there's no nutrition and it's not sustainable so the weight WILL come back. The answer is both simple and difficult all at once: eat clean, whole foods every 2-3 hours, get plenty of exercise & water and adequate sleep and you WILL LOSE FAT. That's easy because it's the most solid, consistent advice that we've all heard, and difficult because we all wish there were a secret cure that was fast, required no effort or thought, and that would allow us to return to poor lifestyle habits but maintain our new lean bodies. Eat good foods and all the rest and you'll succeed.. AGAIN! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    THank you all so much for your advice. I have yet to set up my appointment with the nutrionist but I am tomorrow. I have know done the special k diet for about 5 days and lost 2 pounds. I just want to do it for another couple of days and then I will most liely be doing weight watchers.

I tried the weight watchers points and found that not to work so my mom said try the core plan where I can eat all I want from certain food groups.....she lost 30 that way.

So how is everyone doing?