Treadmill or elliptical ...

Options
2»

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I switch it around. I have found that the better shape I am in, the longer I have to spend on the treadmill to burn a sufficient number of calories. I like switching around because I want to work different things instead of the same muscles over and over. I used to dread the elliptical but now I look forward to it on certain days. I belong to the gym, so I switch between the orbital, the elliptical and occasionally do the treadmill, but I am in love with the orbital because I get such a great workout on it and I can see serious definition in my legs now that I didn't have before.

Edited to add that what I am referring to as an orbital is different than what I am finding online. It's called an arc machine. I've been calling it an orbital for forever. LOL

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002VL1IA2/bausersvideor-20/
  • Mrrwmoo
    Mrrwmoo Posts: 44
    Options
    Ellipticals simulate running without the consequence of impacting your legs so much. Good for those who have knee problems ;3.
  • KingBarri
    Options
    the SMOOTH series is pretty good. Also the Precor EFX 5.33 has high customer/trainer reviews. A little on the expensive side though