Is this BS?

Options
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fat-loss-supplements-for-men-20-39.html

I know marketing when I see it and such (They have really good marketing) but I want to know other opinions. I'm tempted to do it but, I want to keep up my all natural weight loss that I'm doing right now (i.e diet, watching what I eat and just exercise) for the next 20 days (been on it for 11 days do far) so i can build a habit before I invest serious money.

Any opinions?

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No magic pill. Ive tried....took some fat burners....ended up in ER with mu heart going out of control.

Hard work, willpower and dedication are the pills we all need
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    No magic pill. Ive tried....took some fat burners....ended up in ER with mu heart going out of control.

Hard work, willpower and dedication are the pills we all need

Besides fat burners what about everything else?
  • jbatton
    Options
    Prolly so, are you trying to build muscle? If so just keep excersizing and eat enough to build the muscle. I am struggling with muscle building right now. I bought to whey protein formula to help because I don't eat enough half the time so it is a good supplement. So far I have put a half inch on my arms. Good Luck!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Looks like protein with caffeine. My husband takes this stuff before he works out. Not this *exact* stuff but he does take a protein powder with some other junk in it. (well, he doesnt think its junk).

I wouldn't say it was for fat loss. Just protein to help you build muscle and caffeine/other stuff to give you energy to work out harder.

If thats what you want, I think it works. If you want something that will make fat fall off your body without work, then no, it wont do that. :D

But I'm no expert.
  • digitaldigital
    Options
    What I'm really looking for is just trying to find something that'll give my body everything it needs. My diet doesn't while sometimes is good I know for a fact I don't get everything i need and vitamins I would like a quality product.
    I just want quality products for affordable price and spending 100 for a month about 2 months supply (If I was only suppose to take 1 pill a day I'm assuming) isn't a bad deal.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would save your money and just focus on diet and exercise if it were me.
  • drog2323
    Options
    What I'm really looking for is just trying to find something that'll give my body everything it needs. My diet doesn't while sometimes is good I know for a fact I don't get everything i need and vitamins I would like a quality product.
    I just want quality products for affordable price and spending 100 for a month about 2 months supply (If I was only suppose to take 1 pill a day I'm assuming) isn't a bad deal.

In my opinion....a good mutli, good quality fish oil, b - complex, vitamin d, are all good.

I didnt look t the other stuff. If you are lifting weights, a good whey protein is very helpful in getting a quick shot of protein post workout.

Green tea isspposed to help ith fat loss, but thinknu need to drink a fair amout of it.
  • drog2323
    Options
    If u are lifting u need more protein than u are consuming.
  • missamy1989
    Options

I know marketing when I see it and such (They have really good marketing) but I want to know other opinions. I'm tempted to do it but, I want to keep up my all natural weight loss that I'm doing right now (i.e diet, watching what I eat and just exercise) for the next 20 days (been on it for 11 days do far) so i can build a habit before I invest serious money.

Any opinions?

Ive heard it takes 29 days to create a habit. Doing something each day for 29 days to create a habit the quickest. But I can't remember where I heard that so It could be just goole garb.
    x
  • digitaldigital
    Options
    Well I'm more concerned with fat loss as I'm 35% fat last I checked. I lift weights, heavy weight for like 10 minutes just to maintain my strength not because i'm trying to look like the hulk.

Any opinions?

Ive heard it takes 29 days to create a habit. Doing something each day for 29 days to create a habit the quickest. But I can't remember where I heard that so It could be just goole garb.
    x

Also I've been doing this for 11 days so then if its either 29 or 30 I have19-20 days to build it :P
  • SUgrad04
    Options
    From everything I've read, it sounds like the majority of evidence indicates that the gimmicky supplements just create expensive pee, and not much else (except, with the few dangerous ones, heart attacks).
    One of the nice things about tracking your intake in the food diary is that you can see where you have deficiencies in your diet, which is why I'm reevaluating my daily vitamins to add a little more potassium. But that being said, food sources of nutrients are better than supplement sources.
    If you're trying to build muscle, you need to get enough protein, probably more than the tracker tells you you need. Also make sure to eat enough good fats -- carbs are for quick-burn energy; protein and fat are building blocks. But keep in mind that as you build muscle, that necessarily means your body fat percentage will decrease, so just keep it up.