sugar question (natural fructose)

Options
I set my daily sugar goal to 30 g, but its very unrealistic since i go over and get about 70-90 per day. I consume at least 2 if not 3 servings of fruit daily. Its usually fresh and organic, or dried.

Now fructose in fruit is processed very different in your body than high-fructose corn syrup and glucose in junk foods. However overall fructose can turn into lipids(fats) I wish I could remember my biochem right now, but is there a nutritionist or a personal trainer out there who can clarify this for me? My main question is what is a sensible sugar goal for the day if my aim is to loose 13 lbs and should I exclude fruit from the count? I eat mostly natural and whole grain foods, but I do have to have my dark chocolate or some sweets to keep a balance.

Thanks!:tongue:

I am going to look in nutrition journals for answers as well.

Replies

• vickster82
    Options
    I set my daily sugar goal to 30 g, but its very unrealistic since i go over and get about 70-90 per day. I consume at least 2 if not 3 servings of fruit daily. Its usually fresh and organic, or dried.

Now fructose in fruit is processed very different in your body than high-fructose corn syrup and glucose in junk foods. However overall fructose can turn into lipids(fats) I wish I could remember my biochem right now, but is there a nutritionist or a personal trainer out there who can clarify this for me? My main question is what is a sensible sugar goal for the day if my aim is to loose 13 lbs and should I exclude fruit from the count? I eat mostly natural and whole grain foods, but I do have to have my dark chocolate or some sweets to keep a balance.

Thanks!:tongue:

I am going to look in nutrition journals for answers as well.
  • PolarQueen
    Options
    Good question. I would like to see your responces too. So adding to my topics.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think that songbyrdsweet would be a good person to ask about this, she's very knowledgeable about this kind of thing.