1/2 Marathon tomorrow! Here we go again!

Oh boy, I did it to myself again. I signed up for another 1/2 marathon for TOMORROW! My first was in 05/10 which was harder than I thought it would be. I had one of those bad running days with side cramps, hip pain, very hot weather, lots of walk breaks, but finished in 2 hrs and 27 min which wasn't bad for my first time.

I ran an 11.5 mile race in 09/11 which was GREAT! I had a great run all the way through, only stopping at water stations. No problems, no issues.

Then this Sunday, 10/23 I ran another 11 miles as a test run and that one was great too. But I have had many bad run days in between and only averaged about 8 miles on the long run days.

Fingers crossed that I will finish the race tomorrow! And hopefully I can beat my first race time by at least a couple of minutes!

So nervous already!

Replies

• KimertRuns13_1
    KimertRuns13_1 Posts: 702 Member
    Good luck!
    You will do great!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    good luck! you'll do great!

i just started training for a 1/2 marathon for next may.

so excited for you!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    You're going to do great!!! And regardless if you have a bad run day, or not. You're time will be much better than if you stayed on the couch!!
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    You'll do great! Only positive thoughts!! Visualize yourself finishing that race & don't stress over what could go wrong. If it was easy everybody would do it! You are awesome! Go get 'em!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Good luck!! You can do it and didn't let fear hold you back. That's a good place to start.

Think positive, it's the only way.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for all the support! You guys are great!!!!!!