Do you keep a personal Journal? **Not Food**

Options
2»

Replies

• samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I actually sort of keep a journal on my food diary notes... which is why I have to keep my food/exercise diary private. I started doing it because I wanted to track what I did during the day and how I am improving over time. Sometimes I will actually write feelings and stuff but usually just track my day in general. If I do write out feelings it is just to vent it out really, not for any real purpose other than that. I think it would be much more helpful to have like check boxes for certain things ... like I record random stuff daily and it would be nice to be able to check off what I get done/etc. Benefits are just to look back at it and see improvements, etc. Hope this helps a little I know it's not too insightful. But recording this really does help me and see trends, etc. I also like to keep positivity in my journal to look back at when I am feeling down or unmotivated etc.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Nope, no journal. I just talk to myself a lot. My morning shower is good self-talk time.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started writing for my son. Its not a journal about me so much as about him,Its been 4 yrs and I have about 3 small comp books. I dont write daily just when he does something really cool or some kind of change has happened in his life. I thought it would be cool to for him to know what I was thinking about while he was growing up. I wished my mom had done this.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    wow - thanks for all the responses!!!

It would have been nice to have the internet when I was in college - sure would have cut down on homework time!!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    1. What led you to begin journaling?
    I was in a VERY toxic relationship and felt I couldnt talk to ANYONE about it. I used a Word Doc with a password so NO ONE could read it

2. How often do/did you journal?
    Everyday that he was not around & Everytime I just had to vent or when I just wanted it to be over.

3. What tools or techniques help you to journal?
    I would talk to someone in my journal, this person didnt judge or talk back they just let me vent.

4. What benefits do/did you receive from journaling?
    I was able to lift the weight off my chest after writing down everything and I was able to breathe again. It was my form of therapy and I used it for several years. Every now and then when I'm feeling down like like I'm going no where, I will read about everything I was going through and remind myself of how far I have come. It really did helped me to see the things I went through with this person were NOT right and it gave me hope to make a change.

Hope this helps.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Thank you all again for sharing your experience with Journaling!!