healthiest option from chinese take away? uk

Hi I'm round my mils this eve and they are having Chinese take away. It's not the best one either. I don't want to be rude and turn them down as they are buying so what's the best thing I can get?

Replies

• allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    I would just get a chicken with muhrooms.

Pass on the rice, chips, spring rolls, poppadoms and prawn crackers.

xx
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Steamed Chicken and Vegetables, with sauce on the side.
  • Chicken or prawn chow mein with boiled rice.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Tea
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Veggies and something steamed! :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Steamed shirmp and veggies, sauce on the side, brown rice
  • Ceesmooth
    Ceesmooth Posts: 5 Member
    I concur with Justjoshin!!!
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    ha ha um healthiest option at chinese, the take out box itself. :)
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Do any of you actually live in the UK?

Please do tell me where you can get steamed dishes...I have never seen one!
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    I always get chicken chow mein or chicken fried rice if we have Chinese - I always remember those dishes were the lowest 'syns' back in my Slimming World days. That's if I remember rightly of course..it could just be wishful thinking on my part with the fried rice :laugh: YUM! Enjoy xx
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member

I agree looking at the menu everything is fried plus the only thing brown about the rice is the oil lol
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member

I agree - I've never seen any steamed dishes here.

To the OP, I always get Lemon Chicken & egg fried rice - While it's probably not the healthiest option I don't think it's the worst either. I would say, get what you would most like to eat (or it wouldn't be worth the extra calories surely?) Obviously, if you're stuck between a few, get what looks healthiest. Try and have a workout, eat healthy the rest of the day and you should be fine :) It's not like it's a regular thing.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Vegetable curry!
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Ahh!! I have the same issue tonight- but at Mr Chow in Beverly Hills. I am a vegetarian, so it may not be as difficult.. but I am always that annoying customer who askes what everything is made out of... laol...
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Ahh!! I have the same issue tonight- but at Mr Chow in Beverly Hills. I am a vegetarian, so it may not be as difficult.. but I am always that annoying customer who askes what everything is made out of... laol...
    I'm nor vegetarian but I'm not keen on meat so will probably just go for the mange tout and baby corn just hope its not to greasy I've never seen a menu before where every item starts with the word fried even banana and Apple :sick: