Help with resetting metabolism, please!

Options
Ugggh

So I went to pick my car up from the shop, after having been clothes shopping. I'd left the house on a light snack, expecting to eat lunch around 2:30ish. But they have to tinker with my car more, and I'm just now sitting down to food (it's about 5).

I think my metabolism is messed up. I'd been getting little hunger pains but they were gone by the time I got home. I'm not ravenous at all--like, I should be, but I'm not. I've also been coming under my calories...not on purpose, just by accident the last few days.

So I'm pretty sure my metabolism has gone waaaay down.

Any tips for revving it back up? I've been drinking water...

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ugggh

So I went to pick my car up from the shop, after having been clothes shopping. I'd left the house on a light snack, expecting to eat lunch around 2:30ish. But they have to tinker with my car more, and I'm just now sitting down to food (it's about 5).

I think my metabolism is messed up. I'd been getting little hunger pains but they were gone by the time I got home. I'm not ravenous at all--like, I should be, but I'm not. I've also been coming under my calories...not on purpose, just by accident the last few days.

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ugggh

strength training keeps your metabolism boosted :flowerforyou:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Not sure if I'm helping here, as I may be misinterpreting the question.

I'm thinking both strength and aerobic training will do the job ...

Anyway, here's a couple articles that I hope are helpful:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23547010/

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304--7753-0,00.html

Cheers!!! :drinker:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    To Rev your metabolism, conceptionally, its easy! Simply keep your metabolism active by putting calories in your tummy all day but without an access of calories (overeating).

Its a balancing act really. Figure out your daily caloric intake, divide that number by six (six meals a day), and eat that many calories six times a day (evenly spread out throughout the day). First meal should be when you first wake from sleep, last meal a couple hours before sleep.

This way you are in perfect balance of exercising your metabolizing so that it works FOR you in burning calories from fat, but without over eating in one sitting for an access of calories which is more likely to be deposited as fat.