SUPPORT GROUP FOR ALL

Options
“SUPPORT GROUP FOR ALL”

This topic is merely to support ANY REGIMEN you are choosing to do. Any regimen suggested by nutritionists, Doctors or scientists or FDA approved will not be viewed as ill advised on this topic!! Hopefully each person has done their research and knows the pro’s and con’s of their choice.

FEEL FREE TO STATE WHAT YOUR REGIMEN IS AND HOW IT IS WORKING FOR YOU.

Please refrain from offering your opinion if you disagree with someone’s regimen. Please no sarcasm or condescending remarks about an individual choice. We wish to keep this as a support group!! So unless you are a Doctor , a certified nutritionist or scientist please refrain from offering advice on how wrong someone’s regimen is.

Be positive!! If they specifically ask for opinions or advice, please answer in a way that will help them to achieve what they want based on the regimen they are using or perhaps what is working for you.

If anyone post something negative to your post, please do not respond to it, just ignore it and the rest of us will be sure to give you postive feedback!!

If posts you are reading is too distressing to you, please discontinue reading. We do not wish to add negative vibes into your life!!:cry:

BON APPETITE!!

Replies

• reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing low carb. I started out at 20 carbs. Lost 5lbs the first two weeks. Now I've added beans and serving of fruit per day. Along with the basic veggies.

Let's see what the next 2 weeks brings!!

:-)
  • FatAndThirty
    Options
    I would like to know what are some of your food staples? I can cut fat out of my diet, but I'm having the hardest time reducing carbs.
  • reneeot
    Options
    I would like to know what are some of your food staples? I can cut fat out of my diet, but I'm having the hardest time reducing carbs.
    SALAD AND VEGGIE DISHES

I'll make a taco salad(using ground turkey) without the corn tortilla.
    I blend cauliflower for mash potatoes - very yummy!!!
    I use spaghetti squash for spaghetti.(use ground turkey for the meat)

I make chili with kidney beans
    Black beans, with squash, corn and green chili is yummy!!
    pieces of chicken with carrots, broccolli and cauliflower w/ cheese and garlic all mixed together is yummy too!!

Salads with a llittle bit of strawberry or pineapple is great!! I use no dressing, spritz with olive oil, sprinkle basil or cilantro. squirt some lemon.

I'll add more when I think of it.
    Add:
    When I'm eating higher carbs, Oatmeal pancakes intead of white flour mix. Unless I eat out, I only eat oatmeal pancakes at home with blueberries or banana's and sugar free syrup. Love them!!
  • McPenguin
    Options
    I do all that too, reneeot...

I also grate a head of cauliflower before steaming it - it's an amazing substitute for rice that way! So I can have stirfried chicken/veggies on a bed of "rice"... and no carbs from the rice.

:)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Simple calorie counting. I try to eat nutrient rich foods (whole fruits, whole grains, fresh veggies) as well just so I get my nutrients in.

I also do a lot of weight lifting and cardio.
  • reneeot
    Options
    I do all that too, reneeot...

I also grate a head of cauliflower before steaming it - it's an amazing substitute for rice that way! So I can have stirfried chicken/veggies on a bed of "rice"... and no carbs from the rice.

:)

Was wondering how to do the rice version!!! will try very soon!!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    nice thread and I hope that those folks with negative vibes don't hijack it.

this is what I have been doing. basic calorie counting and logging on MFP. While I'm not doing low carb, I do try to limit my carbs to 120ish a day. I am trying to avoid processed foods, foods made from flour, and refined sugars as much as possible. I don't eliminate them as I still eat pizza and lowfat frozen yogurt, among other things...but when I eat those items, I try to do so in moderation. I remind myself of the importance of veggies and try to make sure I eat a decent amount everyday. sometimes I eat more veggies than other days. I cook most of my food so I'm not tempted by food choices in stores and restaurants. I drink only water and sobe lifewater.

I exercise 5 or 6 days a week. 3 days a week are higher intensity with some form of interval or circuit training (or both). 2 or 3 days are for moderately paced cardio. outside of the weekly 1 hour boot camp that I do (one of the higher intensity days) and the days that I bike (which isn't every week), my work-outs are generally 30-40 minutes each.

while the weight doesn't come off consistently and I understand why, I have lost 60 pounds since Jan. 23. I like this regimen because its something I believe I can stick with long term and it allows me to eat foods I really like, so long as I do so in moderation.
  • reneeot
    Options
    . I don't eliminate them as I still eat pizza and lowfat frozen yogurt, among other things...but when I eat those items, I try to do so in moderation. I remind myself of the importance of veggies and try to make sure I eat a decent amount everyday. sometimes I eat more veggies than other days. I cook most of my food so I'm not tempted by food choices in stores and restaurants. I drink only water and sobe lifewater.

Me too, but very rarely right now. Actually I eat the Pizza with out the crust. And treat myself to lowfat yogurt ice cream, Ix a week.

I do modify what I like to meet my regimen. WATER DRINKER TOO!! I probably have 1 or 2 soda's a year. If I ever eat pizza with crust, I'll have a root beer soda. 1/2 can usually. Child hood thing!!!
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do low carb- Atkins with a cheat day (which was yesterday for me... 2 doughnuts, Arby's Curly fries and some granola, yikes). Grating cauliflower sounds like an amazing idea! I wonder if it works for Sushi rolls...
  • reneeot
    Options
    I do low carb- Atkins with a cheat day (which was yesterday for me... 2 doughnuts, Arby's Curly fries and some granola, yikes). Grating cauliflower sounds like an amazing idea! I wonder if it works for Sushi rolls...

ah doughnuts!!! I'm waiting for my goal of 150 to eat me a french pastry!!! Been waiting a year!!!!!
  • reneeot
    Options
    How' everybody doing? Anybody try the rice version of the cauliflower yet? Any weight loss to report?!! So far no additonal weight loss but no weight gain either!!! So for the month of October I lost 5 lbs. What is everybody else's for the month?:bigsmile: