Need honest opinions please!!

Options
13»

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I would say it's really up to you!! I am also 5'4 and starting out with a Goal of 145...but the more i continue to lose weight ..I start taking pics and liking the way I look currently! Its all in your body and how you feel...I reset my goal to 155 and add back 5 from toning with weight!! Honestly once you are happy with yourself and the way you feel....No one can tell you what you want...The choice is yours..You look great though!
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing you have to tone up is your stomach (but that could just be from the pregnancy too) . Your at a "normal" weight for your height ... but if you feel that you need to lose more weight, then do it. Whats other's think is of little importance =] goodluck!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to focus on eating right and exercising, including strength training. If more weight comes off, great. If it doesn't, great. You can take a lot of stress off of yourself and just let your body naturally go where it's going to go. Eat calories for losing a pound a week and see what happens. You look great to me, but if you want to lose more, go for it. Don't worry about what others say...it's your body and you're the one who has to be happy in it. But if you take the stress off by not worrying about whether you lose or not, you may find the other 20 you want to lose comes off easier.

I'm focusing more on getting to a certain size clothing than on a scale number. I have a scale number in mind, but if I don't reach it but do reach my size goal, then I'm not going to sweat it.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" 133ish (depends on the day). I, personally would like to lose another 10...to get to 123 pounds. So, I guess 20 pounds wouldn't be too drastic. I agree with someone who said that the weight for our height is about 120-140. My mom is a registered dietitian...and there are some on here too. And for women, at 5 feet, it's 100 pounds. Then, for every inch taller, add another 5 pounds. Then...I think it's either 10-15% on either side to be in the healthy weight. (I forget if it's 10 or 15%..sorry).

That being said....everyone's body is different and people have different body masses. Muscle per volume weighs more than fat, so at the same size, you may weigh more if you are more muscle than if it were fat. (And by the way...Great job on all your success! You look great!)
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What do YOU think??? It;s your body and you know how you want to look.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same position as you, had baby #2 and i am 5'4'', and weigh 140....before i had my first i was 115 and really healthy and active, it took me 2 years to get to 122 after having my son, and i felt incredibly happy and healthy, now i am trying to be there again, i think it is realistic because i have the same goals and have realized that my body feels its healthiest at 120-125 so as long as you are losing the weight in a healthy manner i see no problem with your goals WTG!!!!!
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your progress is fantastic. I think you should keep going. But as others are saying, YOU should be the final judge. Don't do it for anyone else but you.
  • jaltena
    Options
    Honestly, you look amazing! But, I don't think there is any harm in you losing some more pounds as long as you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If you are taking care of your health, you will lose the weight and not become "too skinny". You are a great inspiration! Congrats on the baby and the weight loss :)
  • samneeds2lose
    samneeds2lose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you look really good at 6 mos. pp!!! do what makes you happy though, stick to your goal!
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    Congratulations on your second child and your weight loss success so far! To answer your question with a few questions... how do you feel? Do you feel clean (I know it's a funny question but those who have minimized processed foods know exactly what I'm talking about)? Do you have energy? Have you had a physical with blood work within the past year? I think your health is the first priority. Then comes vanity.

I wish I could give you a definitive answer but every body type is different. Whether you want to lose weight or not, cardio and strength training will have numerous long-term benefits. Ultimately, whether you decide to maintain where you are or lose a little more check out this post...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/341211-my-30-day-shred-results-pics?hl=abby459

I friended this MFPal because she is so inspiring. I will never look at 2.5 lbs the same way again.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You have almost the same story and stats as me. I got up to about 212 with both of my pregnancies (started 10 lbs lower with my second) and am working on the baby weight......my youngest is 17 months though!!! I (1st?) ultimate goal weight is 150 and you give me hope that I might be okay with how I will look. You look amazing!!! If you want to lose more then do it but I think you look AWESOME the way you are now!!!

Congrats on losing the baby weight.....it's not easy!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I owuld maybe add some toning now! you look great!! Nice job on lossing the baby fat!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The first thing that caught my eye was your comment that you have low self confidence, with the rocking body you are sporting, get some attitude!!!

Be proud of your accomplishment, not everyone can do what you did, pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

Everyone is different, celebrate you and your success!!!!!

Good luck to you!
  • suumoner
    suumoner Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just work on toning up a little and you will be a fox. You are looking great !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!