Pet Peeve...

Options
Not to diminish everyone's hard work, and my intent is not to offend anyone, but...

If your highest/start/before weight is pre-delivery during a pregnancy, that it doesn't count! You are pregnant... not fat. You have another human being growing inside your body!

You may have been 200+ before you delivered, but the weight that is your highest/start/before weight is whatever you weighed AFTER you delivered you precious bundle of joy!

Thanks for allowing me to vent... I feel a little better. :smile:

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • savismommy
    Options
    Definitely agree!!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I concur.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My wife and I were talking about this last night.. someones before pic was in the hospital about to deliver :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What do you care?
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    oh. Well, hmm. I guess I need to change my highest weight on my profile, then.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I agree. If I were to put my highest weight in...305...at the height of my pregnancy.....that's not fair or accurate considering I had something infesting my body.

I go based off the weight I was when I started and I have a benchmark of when I got pregnant. That benchmark has been blown out of the water and I am 20 lbs below where I was when I got pregnant with my son 6 years ago!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    well, i am not counting my pregnancy weight as my start weight, however, after i lose all the weight i want, i WILL be figuring how much i lost total from the time i gave birth. reason being: i started pre-pregnancy at 125 and went up to 188. post-partum, i was 159. that is what i am now considering my "starting weight" for losing. but after i get back down to 125, trust me, i AM going to say that i lost 63 pounds! it is WAAAYYYYYYY harder to lose at age 40 and post partum than it was when i was 23 post-partum and i am going to take credit for every single pound! esp since my daughter only weighed 7 pounds of it! LOL :smile: i am working so hard, i want credit!
  • BSero1982
    Options
    I still have a baby in me.. Oy.. hehehhe :) Ok but I agree with the original post! lol.
  • xonashwaox
    Options
    I am in agreeance! =)
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    *Like*
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    hmm... didn't realize this was a competition.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I agree. If I were to put my highest weight in...305...at the height of my pregnancy.....that's not fair or accurate considering I had something infesting my body.

lol @ "infesting"
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Why does this bother you so much?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it makes someone feel better about themselves and thus more motivated, I don't have a problem with it.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    hmm... didn't realize this was a competition.

Life is a competition, Ang, lol. :wink:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I see your point but really if its not your profile why does it matter to you?