hello!

Options
Hi, just found MFP through a parenting forum, after hearing lots of success stories. i'm 31, mum to one looking to lose a bit of weight, and be more active

one question though, I'm still breastfeeding my son (he is 2.5yrs), i know i can diet while breastfeeding, but anything i should know?

thanks! Caz :happy:

Replies

• mritschel
    Options
    Does you eating salads more frequent give your baby gas? I know it happen for mine?
  • MilkyMama
    Options
    Does you eating salads more frequent give your baby gas? I know it happen for mine?

I used to find lots of green veg/salad, as well as too much dairy, and foods like curry,chilli used to increase wind and make him uncomfortable but as he has got older it doesn't bother him so much
  • MilkyMama
    Options

I used to find lots of green veg/salad, as well as too much dairy, and foods like curry,chilli used to increase wind and make him uncomfortable but as he has got older it doesn't bother him so much
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also breastfeeding, a 10 month old, and I am not dieting either. I look at counting calories as keeping myself in line and not going over whats appropriate for my height, age and activity level.

There is an option for breastfeeding, depending on the age of the child and how often you feed, that adds extra calories to your original calorie count..With my 10 month old it added an extra three hundrend calories. I went into my goals and added it to my original 1500 making it 1800 instead of having to add it onto my snack option each day.

I really haven't changed a whole lot about how I eat, I just changed the way I cook and/or prepare my meal to make it healthier. I also eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep full and keep me from over eating at one certain meal. Just a whole lot of healthy snack for me, I swear I am more hungry breastfeeding than I was pregnant so this helps. Hope this helps!