Heart Rate Monitor - UK

Options
Can anyone reccomend a heart rate monitor that will accurately tell me how many calories I have burned?

Budget is £30-£40 or if you can get them for less then even better.

Thanks

Replies

• Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Bump
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Love your staffie pic!

Nothing useful to add, other than I got one from Lidl on special offer, has a chest strap, I had to input details such as weight, height and age. Worked fine for about 6 months but then started being really erratic, even after changing batteries, washing chest strap etc. I think it's a good investment if you're just starting out and not sure if you want to commit (I paid about £12-15' can't remember!), have since replaced it with a polar ft4, £54 from amazon.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on this site use Polar brand FT series. I like Polar, but I currently use a Garmin FR60, which was last year's entry level fitness watch without the GPS feature.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my husband got a cheapy £20 one from lloyds pharmacy...used my polar to measure his cal burn, then used his one and did the same activity and it was as accurate as my polar, so it's pretty good for £20!

just go to lloyds pharmacy website and you should be able to find it
  • becka63
    Options
    my husband got a cheapy £20 one from lloyds pharmacy...used my polar to measure his cal burn, then used his one and did the same activity and it was as accurate as my polar, so it's pretty good for £20!

Just looked this up, currently14.99 online!
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I use a polar f11 (pink watch!) and it's really good. A bit over your budget I think but depends on what functions you want. I think polar are a good make to go for.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options

Hi, thanks the pic is my Pup Lara :D Friendliest, most intelligent dog I've ever met, do you have a link or name and model for the watch from Lloyds Pharmacy?

Thanks
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Argos. There are 2 models but the cheaper one doesn't count calories. This one is only £29.99 and it works really well. Your pup is gorgeous.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9279526/Trail/searchtext>HEART+RATE+MONITOR.htm
  • becka63
    Options

I went on the lloyds pharmacy website and typed in heart rate monitor in their search box.

Hi, thanks the pic is my Pup Lara :D Friendliest, most intelligent dog I've ever met, do you have a link or name and model for the watch from Lloyds Pharmacy?

Thanks
  • becka63
    Options

I went on the lloyds pharmacy website and typed in heart rate monitor in their search box.

Thanks

• Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sports Direct do a Karrimor one, with a chest strap for £20. Works fine, for me.

EDIT: Currently £18 in the sale, if purchased online
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-heart-rate-monitor-mens-754071
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Thanks guys I will have a look tonight.

Mark
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I have this one

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-3529.aspx

works fine, though the instructions were tasking to read..... given the print is so tiny
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Sports Direct do a Karrimor one, with a chest strap for £20. Works fine, for me.

Does this one tell you how many cals you have burned or do you need to calculate it yourself?
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options

Thanks

Still can't see it sorry, it only has blood pressure monitors when I type that??
  • mrshickey
    Options
    i got a polar f4 from ebay, calculates calories burned which tbh is the only reason i wanted it. if you have a look im sure youl get one under your budget. mine cost £26.99
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    its the 2nd listing. But it has no image.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Does this one tell you how many cals you have burned or do you need to calculate it yourself?

Yes - it gives estimated cals burned