Should I eat? Now?

Options
Help. I have only had about 1000 calories today and I just got back from a 50 minute walk, it is 7pm, should I eat now? I don't want to and I am not hungry but everyone keeps telling me I am not eating enough. I have a weigh in in the morning so I want to do what is best for weight loss. Help?!?!??!?!

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I would eat something light that has mainly protein...maybe 10-15 grams. 2 eggs?
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Add your walking to the exercise to to get your extra calories.

Do not worry about time but you need to eat your protein within 45 minutes of exercising so your metabolism will burn some of your calories.

As long as you are exercising you should always eat and be sure to eat your caloris so you do not go in starvation mode and start gaining weight.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    you need to eat your protein within 45 minutes of exercising so your metabolism will burn some of your calories.

Where do you people get this stuff?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    What do you think will happen to you if you eat after 7pm?
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have the advice that will shake every ones world -

Eat if your hungry...

Do not eat if you are not...

Shocking I know. But hold on, it will work.
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks! I just had some low fat cheese cause I really can not stomach eggs right now, I am still full from dinner before the walk! I appreciate the info from all of you!
  • reba971
    Options
    Ugh! Great now I get conflicting advice! I agree I hate to eat if I am not hungry, especially if I am trying to lose weight, but everyone yells at you for that, they say you are eating too few calories ect. Even MFP says that when you complete your calories for the day. SO......I guess everyone has a different opinion.
    Sweetzoejane, I just don't usually eat this late because I am very lazy this time of day and usually go to bed early. Again I always hear not to eat this close to bed time.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    you need to eat your protein within 45 minutes of exercising so your metabolism will burn some of your calories.

Where do you people get this stuff?

Another mis-informed individual who has it half right. There is quite a bit of credible research showing that your body has a heightened ability to process proteins and amino acids for about 30-45 minutes following a workout. However, to suggest that if you don't eat in that window the body will somehow not be able to metabolize those foods is simply laughable.
  • reba971
    Options
    Well I guess I'll get on the exercise bike for another 8 minutes to burn off that cheese stick! LOL Thanks to everyone for trying to help, I am still confused though!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I'll get on the exercise bike for another 8 minutes to burn off that cheese stick! LOL Thanks to everyone for trying to help, I am still confused though!

While I admit to having these thoughts myself, it's possible that if you find yourself feeling like you have to get on a piece of exercise equipment for 8 minutes because of a cheese stick, it's possible that a slight perspective shift is in order.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

??? Yes I would say you are confused.
  • reba971
    Options
    Thanks for the criticisum but I was joking! jeez!
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Love this post!
    I have the advice that will shake every ones world -

Eat if your hungry...

Do not eat if you are not...

Shocking I know. But hold on, it will work.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Seems like every one on mfp get so caught up on what they should and should not do. Eat your calories do not eat your calories, protein now, carbs later.

Listen to your body.

When you are hungry practice portion control.

Your body does this amazing thing, it really tries to be self preserving. It gives you all kinds of wonderful advice like eat now, sleep now, pee now, go for a walk now.

Be like Nike and just do it !
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? eat. If you're not, then don't. Listen to your body.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    haha yes, we are not 'The Sims' we can pee when we need to, and we know when we should sleep etc ~:D
  • dmartinezjr
    Options

You will morph into a miniature demonic creature that will wreak havoc across your small town! Oh and avoid the water too...

LOLZ!
  • reba971
    Options
    Thank you, I will am going to follow this great advice from now on.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

You will morph into a miniature demonic creature that will wreak havoc across your small town! Oh and avoid the water too...

LOLZ!
    also known by men as TOM for women.

calm down it's a joke >.>