Broke my Butt

zenchild
zenchild Posts: 680 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
Quite literally, I broke my butt. I fell while rollerblading and while I managed to avoid landing on my face, I landed directly on my tailbone and the x-rays show that it is indeed broken. Aside from the pain (who knew something small could hurt so much?), I can't do anything that makes my butt move while it heals (about 4 weeks). I have a wedding to go to in 3 weeks. I plan on working my arms as much as possible but I have two questions. One, what cardio can I do (other than punches)? Two, how long does it take for a muscle to un-tone. My calves are in the best shape ever and I was looking forward to showing them off. Now I'm worried that the past months of work (30DS, RI30, 6W6P) will be undone. Ideas?

Replies

• KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Per the calves...are you able to lay down or sit and flex only your calves? Do this 10-15 times to feel the burn...that should help keep them look'n good.

Other then that, sorry for the broken butt. A whole new meaning to being a "pain in the *kitten*" :-p
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    Ouch. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou: (Sorry I don't have any advice for you :blushing: )
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    When I broke my pelvis (the bottom part, basically my butt) I still went for walks. Working your calves can be done without bothering your butt. Where there's a will there's a way.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Ouch!!! I have done that before! However, my butt breaking incident involed heels, ice, and alcohol so it didn't hurt til the next day!!! Sooo sorry you're in pain! :cry:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    umm muscle gains wont be lost in a month lol
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    I don't know what its called, but what about the cycling thing you do with your arms, like pedaling a bike? That's cardio if you can sit to do it.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    my tailbone hurts like hell every time i do crunches....even with a thick pad. i dont even want to imagine what breaking it would feel like.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    umm muscle gains wont be lost in a month lol
    ive read in a couple different places that women's muscle can actually start to lose definition in just a couple weeks. i dont know how right that is, but thats what ive read. dont ask the sources, i dont remember at all.
This discussion has been closed.