BMR - MFP vs Bodymedia Fit

MFP calculates my BMR as 1,719 calories per day. I wear my Bodymedia Fit about 23 hours a day so I took a reading of calories burned while I was asleep - 1.3 calories per minute. That calculates out to 1,872 calories per day if I was just to lie in bed for 24 hours. That's pretty close for MFP which is working off my height, weight, age and gender. My Bodymedia Fit has the advantage of actually measuring me, along with the other factors that MFP uses.

Has anyone else done this calculation and comparison?

Replies

• I've just done exactly the same thing and guess what? I also ended up with quite a considerable difference :happy:

MyFitnessPal says that my BMR is 1323 cals, whereas my BodyMediaFit records a resting rate of 1.16cals/min which amounts to 1684 cals a day.

Of course, MFP gives only a brief estimate - and that's why I went and got myself a KiFit. I wanted precise and accurate readings about my own body.
  • jrom22
    jrom22 Posts: 7
    Where do you get one of those? Do you order online or do they have them at certain stores? I need to get one... I don't think I'm getting good calorie counts for my workouts.