Lost 107 lbs, 15 or so to go

kimkwilliams5
kimkwilliams5 Posts: 3 Member
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

I am new here also. I have been on for a couple months, but got out of the habit of tracking recently. I joined to keep in touch with my sister who lives in Dubai. I have lost 107 lbs that I gained from prednisone due to severe Crohn's Disease. I still have 15 more to go. Somedays I think I will make it, and others I want to just eat anything. I have a very restrictive diet due to my illness, but I am hanging in there. Any other crohn's disease sufferer that wants to be friends- I am up for it. It gets so lonely fighting an endless, chronic battle. Look forward to reading about others. -Kim

Replies

• slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    I have never had to deal with anything like Crohn's, but I'm sure it's not been an easy road. Good for you for sticking with it so far and losing over 100 pounds! What an accomplishment! I'm sure there will be others who share your struggles who will help you through the hard times. Best wishes to you!!
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    When I was recently on chemo I was unaware of the fact that prednisone was added to the mix until I told my Oncologist that I was voraciously hungry all the time. That's when he told me about the prednisone. It's amazing how it increases your appetite and I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been off chemo for 3 months now but still get that feeling sometimes that I'm starving. The only thing that's worked for me (most of the time) is to make myself get to MFP to record my calories, even on the bad days. Hope I could help you.
This discussion has been closed.