So my butt is MIA...

Options
So are the other lady lumps but I know there isn't a whole lot I can do about those.

I had a butt. I lost weight. Now I do not. I thought it was pretty muscular but I guess it had a higher fat content than I thought haha.

I've been doing the 30DS which involves a lot of jumping and squatting and lunging so I kind of thought it would get better, not flatter. I'm also running here and there and am active in general throughout the day. What else can I do? Right now my priority no.1 is simply losing fat, but it would be nice to have a butt again eventually.

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    squats, stairs...I know I'm going to have the same problem eventually. I have also heard that running is good for that, too.
  • adtrevors
    adtrevors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I believe that is very common in weight loss. Can't remember where I was reading up on this, might have been Tim Ferriss' book '4 Hour Body'. Anyway, I remember it was explained as a pelvic issue that would have always been there, but you had uh, some padding over it before *grin*.

Good way to correct it is with movements like squats, as was already suggested. Another good one, and one that helps with posture as well are KettleBell swings. If you can't get access to KettleBells you can use dumbbells (slightly harder) or you can make your own for about $5 out of various pipes (called a T-Bar).
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My butt has always been MIA, so I'm currently doing every exercise I can to build the glutes. Like small boobs, I'm glad that I won't have massive butt sag in twenty or thirty years. I hope. :tongue: :grumble: :laugh:
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Squats, squats, and more squats that is the best booty workout you can do. You can't go wrong with that.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    just observed your pics.. looks fine to me :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    smaller butts are much more attractive than big butts. keep up the good work!!
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    Squats, squats, and more squats that is the best booty workout you can do. You can't go wrong with that.

Ball swats will help it from being so hard on you, but still effectively help in the rear :)
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Try the Jillian Michaels Buns and Thighs Dvd! I have it and it's a great workout and u will be hurting the next day. Yes lots of squats and lunges!!!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If I could, I'd give you some of my, I have more than enough to spare :embarassed: :sad:
  • KayeRichards
    KayeRichards Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like squats are the go! :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Squats not squints, heavy deadlifts, and GHR's are my favorites.
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Haha, my butt has always been MIA. My friends call me no butt.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants butt, can have mine :) I would love to give you mine...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lunges, deadlifts, squats. I have one day that I do squats, one day that I do lunges and dead lifts. My butt is more sore-er on the lunges day...