I meal and I am off the charts!!!!!

Options
I had plenty of calories left for dinner and then my DH says "why don't we pack up the kids and go out to eat..."
We went to TGIFriday's...... All I had was a bowl and a half of soup and a couple bread sticks and holy moly!!!
The soup was WAY over my sodium intake for the whole day!!!!!!

I went over by 940 calories, 103 carbs 36 grams of fat, and 2046 over for sodium.....

Just in one day.... I haven't worked out yet today, so now I am off to do 2 60 minute workout videos and 30 minutes of step aerobics just to attempt to combat my one meal.....

I feel sick to my stomach about it. I have been doing so well and then.... a bowl of broccoli cheese soup screws up my whole day. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I had plenty of calories left for dinner and then my DH says "why don't we pack up the kids and go out to eat..."
    We went to TGIFriday's...... All I had was a bowl and a half of soup and a couple bread sticks and holy moly!!!
    The soup was WAY over my sodium intake for the whole day!!!!!!

I went over by 940 calories, 103 carbs 36 grams of fat, and 2046 over for sodium.....

Just in one day.... I haven't worked out yet today, so now I am off to do 2 60 minute workout videos and 30 minutes of step aerobics just to attempt to combat my one meal.....

I feel sick to my stomach about it. I have been doing so well and then.... a bowl of broccoli cheese soup screws up my whole day. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't even count how many times I've done this. :laugh:

Its not a biggie, tomorrow is a new day. Its great that you're going to go pay your exercise debt though. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I hope you enjoyed your meal!! :love:
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us. It's hard to trust anything that doesn't come from my own kitchen. :happy:
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I almost did the same thing today. We got subs for dinner and I hadn't eaten lunch. I had over 1000 calories left over, but once I entered in my info, (as I was eating the first half of my sub) I saw that I would go way over if I'd eaten the whole thing. So the other half sits in my fridge for tomorrow.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Eating out is dangerous....I always try to scope out where I am going first, looking online at the nutrition info to help me pick something out. It never stops amazing me how a restaurant can cram 18 gazillion calories into something like a salad, how the heck to they do that anyways... I remember getting a turkey sandwich from Arbys when they first came out, looked up the nutrition info after and the stinkin thing had over 800 calories!!! For a turkey sandwich!!! I could have had chocolate cake!!!:explode:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    just jump back on it tomorrow and you are fine.
  • RKA625
    Options
    I remember getting a turkey sandwich from Arbys when they first came out, looked up the nutrition info after and the stinkin thing had over 800 calories!!! For a turkey sandwich!!! I could have had chocolate cake!!!:explode:

As I was looking up my sub from D'angelos today I saw the tuna sub, for 1/2 of a sub (a small), it's 800 calories!!!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I really hate eating out now, actually. I can make something WAY tastier at home and still have room for desert. :bigsmile: I save going out for my cheat days now, so I don't have to worry.
  • whpkreem
    whpkreem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my family wanted taco bell.. so I went on their website and looked up all the nutrional info before we ate..so I knew how much of what I could eat... Going out is ok..just know what you are eating first.
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I go out with my friends a lot, and sometimes we'll go to a fast food place. Sadly, McDonald's has been great, since their Quarter Pounder is pretty decent for fast food. Sodium levels are ridiculous, though :(
  • RKA625
    Options
    I was reading on hungry girl that at taco bell, anything fresco is better than ordering regular stuff.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Must be chaos day in calorie counts. I did not go out but made my daughters birthday cake. Two layers of dark chocolate cake, with a middle layer of chocolate cherry. Butter cream chocolate frosting, which the grandkids helped to decorate with pink and white frosting flowers and green leaves. One thin slice and one small scoop of icecream plus the samples while cooking blew the day. I just finished the Leslie Sansone speed mile and walk down to counter this dietary disaster.

Usually stay well within my calories with no real strain, am fairly active and power walk 1 or two miles a day. Drink plenty, and do not consume many simple carbs and very little in the form of sugar. (I will have a sugar hangover in the morning.) I cannot get the scale to budge! Any suggestions?
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Alice,
    I went into the goal setting area and did it manually. I set my calorie intake down just a little, but I lowered the fat % and the carb % and my sodium.... I also increased my fiber to 35

I can't get 35 in a single day yet, but my friend (who is a dietitian and an RN) told me to increase the fiber to 35.... she said fiber is very important not only for digestion, but for weight loss. I am trying to incorporate more kidney and black beans into my diet...
    My friend went down to 107 lbs just by making the fiber change and drinking her 64-80 oz of water a day.

At least it is an idea for you... maybe we can try it together.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    STOP beating yourself up...did you have a great time with your family? Did you try to make a healthy choice? I hope the answer is YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life happens, you gotta go with it and know that tomorrow's another day. Do a little more exercise over the next few days...and next time, check out their menu on-line before you go. I'm starting to find that planning ahead is helping me make even better decisions. Maybe it will help you too??? I hope.:smile:

(I'm actually trying to type this while on my bike. because I'm hungry and I want some chocolate....pathetic huh?)
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    OMG I know what you mean. We went to Applebee's tonight. I really wanted the fiesta lime chicken, but I used my phone and went online to look up the calories--over 1200 calories for one meal! WTH!

I opted for one of the weight watchers meals (garlic herb chicken) and even ended up bringing half the chicken home. I was going to have one of those dessert shots but I decided to wait and have a Quaker dark chocolate altmond thingy and I still have 100 calories left for a little snacky
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Alice,
    I went into the goal setting area and did it manually. I set my calorie intake down just a little, but I lowered the fat % and the carb % and my sodium.... I also increased my fiber to 35

I can't get 35 in a single day yet, but my friend (who is a dietitian and an RN) told me to increase the fiber to 35.... she said fiber is very important not only for digestion, but for weight loss. I am trying to incorporate more kidney and black beans into my diet...
    My friend went down to 107 lbs just by making the fiber change and drinking her 64-80 oz of water a day.

At least it is an idea for you... maybe we can try it together.
    Hey Wanda, how would I know how much to change the others too? I seem to ALWAYS go way over in fiber...I must have it set too low and protein seems on the low side (I mean I go over it easily it doesn't seem like it's set high enough) too, I have WAY too many carbs to meet and not enough protein it seems everything else seems OK though.:ohwell:

HELP anyone?:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I just guessed on taking %'s back.... I only went back 5% on each of the scales. My fiber, I really kicked up (I entered 35... by my friends recommendation). I tried it an my ticker stared moving again....

But Hon, it seems like you have been extremely successful doing what you are doing.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I just guessed on taking %'s back.... I only went back 5% on each of the scales. My fiber, I really kicked up (I entered 35... by my friends recommendation). I tried it an my ticker stared moving again....

But Hon, it seems like you have been extremely successful doing what you are doing.
    Well thanks for the info Wanda! :flowerforyou:

But you know how it is when you go over something each time, it starts to bug ya? yea that's how it is with me.... I know it's only fiber but dang, same with protein. Never go over in sodium or fats and am way under on carbs but hard to eat any like fruits and such to fill in the carbs because they then contain fiber.:laugh: :laugh: I make it work but prefer to learn how to set mine up in a healthier manner. I might research it a bit, wonder if it has to do with our weight etc?? I do know it has to do with our workouts and what we want out of them.... I do recall pschyknife mentioning something along that line.

hm...might have to a PM to her.

Thanks! :bigsmile:
    FC:heart:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    WL: I'm game to try this, thanks for the help!