Offline Low-Carb Support Groups?

Options
There's a Weight Watchers support group at work (which I was part of at one point), but I've always wondered why there isn't a similar group for low-carb dieters, at least one with such a formal organizational scheme like WW. So I'm toying with the idea of starting a low-carb support group at work at some point, but I don't have much to go on.

For almost a year now, I've followed a generic low-carb diet, lost -116 lbs and lost -28% body fat, but outside of joining MFP the last month or so, I've done it all on my own. It's been a life altering experience for me (for the better) and I'd like to help others along where I can, but I'm not clear what my challenges would be in starting such a group or where my opportunities might lie. Thoughts?

Replies

• crobinson0923
    Options
    I'm not sure that I can offer much help, but just wanted to say that it is a good idea. I too, previously did the WW diet. For the last month I have been doing a hybrid diet of low carb and combining the WW point system. So, I guess this is just an encouragement post, to say I think you have something there, and that there are probably people in the same boat.
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    Both the Dukan and Atkins official sites do have tools for virtual groups. I have not personally used them. I have not heard of a "live" group organization for low-carb.