Demons Come Out At Night..

Options
Does anyone else get randomly really hungry at night??

I'm pretty much out of calories for the day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.

If you're hungry eat.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It's the story of my life. I will even wake up, come downstairs and eat. And NO I never have calories left to do so.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the time. It happened to me last night actually and I binged on popcorn and a granola bar with milk. :( I added that stuff to my meals today to make up for it... But yeah, I would suggest that if you are getting hungry at night to just drink a glass of water or hot caffiene free tea, then go to bed earlier. If you're getting hungry at night, they say it's because you're actually tired and you're body goes into hunger mode to give you a boost of energy.
  • Brandi_Lee
    Options
    I'm a late night eater to. What has helped me is I ente in what I'm going to have for dinner just after I wake up and then I know how much I have a space it out through the day knowing I'll eat most of my remaining calories after dinner.

Hope this helps!
  • sckrlov
    sckrlov Posts: 74
    Options
    If I stay up past 10 I am starving, I usually stick with fruit and veggies as I have few calories left, if I have more calories I sometimes have a yogurt and cereal bar, and a glass of low fat milk. If I am super hungry I will have some whole wheat toast with about 8 oz of water.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Just find something low cal like carrots and hummus.

Popcorn also works

60 cal sugar free pudding

And WATER!

A good caffeine free herbal tea is good as well.
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know this is my downfall, because I am a student and tend to stay up late typing notes and doing research. Thus, I try to leave myself room for a decent snack .. or p[ay the consequences. ...

there have been times that I have added the calories to my next day's breakfast, thus shorting myself the next day ... I guess we all do whatever works ... but the best way is to "burn it to earn it" ... so, if I'm hungry, I may have a glass of water and take a walk first (fortunately, I live in a neighborhood that I can walk in at 2 am .. i'm sure this is not an option for everybody .. so substitute jumping jacks in the living room ... unless of course you are on the second floor .. no point upsetting your downstairs neighbors ...lol,..the point being .. just move)

In any case ... if this is a usual thing .. .make it part of your lifestyle and plan for it, if not ... then just go eat and chalk it up to one of those days and move on
  • Determined1980
    Options
    Eat some 100 calorie popcorn and drink lots of water