water

Options
I have no issue drinking water. As a matter of fact I drink coffee in the morning and nothing but water all day. And about once a week I have about half of a soda. But my issue as of lately has been getting enough water.
I just recently moved to a more rural area. To get anywhere I drive 25 min or more. And I spend about 2-3 hours total driving time a day sometimes. Its spread out just enough though that If Im drinking my 8 plus glasses of water a day I spend a lot of time holding myself till I find the next bathroom and then have to lug my 2 yr old around while looking for a decent one. I dont want to end up with a bladder or kidney infection and I really feel if I continue to keep holding myself that is inevidable.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my full water without holding it all day or going all night while Im trying to get my beauty rest? :)

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Bottle? Just kidding! :tongue:
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    There are many foods that contain water. Peppers, celery, and carrots come to mind. But you could research that for more foods.
  • paravision
    Options
    Bottle? Just kidding! :tongue:
    Catheter~ Also kidding :OP
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!!!! Nothing like really needing to pee and your no where near a bathroom, theres one town I drive through once a month of so that doesn't even have anywhere to stop and pee, except one really scary outhouse.....and it's getting cold out here....
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Well, I usually just drink my water when ever I work out and during meal times..and I drink 10-12 per day...as I too, drive all over the world..seems like cause I have to do many errands at a time..for the kiddos...and hubby as well...

Do you sip at it all day or? I would try not to drink much while out and about...as I don't like public restrooms as well.. :tongue:
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I found that as I lost weight and drank MORE water, my (er) pitstops became less frequent at night time. Having said that I personally try not to have too much water within an hour or two hour of sleeping (aside perhaps from half a glass) and definitely no coffee after 5pm helps.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas...and the funny ones. ;)