Is 75 pounds too much...

Options
Is 75 pounds too much to loose by July 4th? It is less than 10 pounds a month. How much do you generally loose in a week, month, 6 months and/or year?

Replies

• carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    check out one of my MFP bud's: bearcare. She is amazing and lost about that much since January of this year.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    It depends on the person. You can get lucky and lose a LOT of weight initially and then soldier through the rest.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. I am wanting to know everyones journeys so I can compare. How much does each person generally loose in a week and a month. And how much has everyone lost in 6 months and a year?
    And I added your friend, thanks carlo :)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Considering you are 20yo I dont think this will be a problem for you.

Friend me if you want me to critique your food diary and give you a little bit of a hand (I've lost 75lb - most of it this year)..... I'm NO expert APART from my experience.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gazz777/view/the-walk-so-far-6-months-down-a-lifetime-to-go-146487

Whatever you do I reckon you CAN do this !
  • Mikey1972
    Mikey1972 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on here I lost a fair bit in my first 4 months but am now at standstill not gaining but not losing either but I expected this and I am going to stick with it doesn't help that I recently changed jobs and am now desk bound for most of the day whereas before I was fairly active in my day to day activities but I am working on it using the stairs rather than elevator (5 flights) and trying to walk at lunchtime. (30 lbs) gone and want to be rid of another stone(14lbs) by end of the year I know I can do it
  • paradeontherun
    Options
    You lose at most one pound a week, its extremely hard to lose 2 a week. So, a month is like 4 lbs.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You lose at most one pound a week, its extremely hard to lose 2 a week. So, a month is like 4 lbs.

Not true for everyone. People lose at different rates and if you have a lot to lose then you can lose very quickly at the start. Saying that you lose AT MOST one pound a week flies in the face of actual experiences of people who have done it.