I feel like gorging on food today!

Options
It's probably because it's the weekend and others around me are eating lots too.. I've resisted really well so far - last night i walked down the alcohol aisle in ASDA, paused and kept on walking! I avoided buying anything fatty and stuck to my calories! (just over)

I've just had a pepperami which I think is making me crave more fatty food.. I need to be strong but I swaying!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

Si :)

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Me too I have an un planned hangover from wine last night. I can hear the carbs and snacks calling out to me. Im going to go for a walk instead and go and do a healthy food shop then I have some things I can snack on without ruining my hard work. Be good haha :O)
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    What I do when I have a craving is drink a glass of water, chew gum and/or eat some mints. The little bit of sugar and the full feeling helps. When all else fails, I have a little bit of what I'm craving, instead of a huge portion.
  • grantsmom08
    grantsmom08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did that yesterday and gave in. I always remember now and then I might crumble and IT IS OKAY! You just wake up the next day and start again... There will always be cookie and cake hurdles in our path but as long as we stay on that path, IT IS OKAY!
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Sometimes, like on vacation, it's okay to eat something that you usually don't eat but in moderation. I know it is a struggle to want to eat everything in site but don't do it. When you are eating something not usual, take more time to enjoy it.:flowerforyou:
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I was told that if you are really craving something eat a piece of peppermint gum or brush your teeth. It makes food taste nasty for a while :)
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The second you get a crave that won't go away, down a full glass of ice cold water. I usually drink upwards of 128oz each day and along with eating small portion-controlled meals every two to three hours, I never get hungry. Resisting temptation is a difficult thing and it's okay to reward yourself occasionally if you're meeting/exceeding your goals. All in all, remember WHY you're choosing to eat right and excercise. Go back to your profile and read why you want to do it and what your inspiration is. After all that, is the fatty food craving still important to you?

I start each day looking at my "before" pics and that's motivation enough for me. If I meet my weekly goal, I reward myself with a portion-controlled cheat meal. If you're not already doing that, give it a try.