Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wow. A Picture Is Worth...

deenaspell
deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
"A Thousand Words" - new blog post with exciting progress pictures! Sorry no before pictures (until I hit my goal weight), but I was so shocked when I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday that I had to share! Here's the link:

http://www.deenasafari.com/blog/?p=1974

Replies

• vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    You look beautiful!
  • You Look Marvelous, but if this is a success story, we need some point of reference. Please post the before photos as you stated who needs a goal weight anyway. If this is not your goal weight then how thin are you going for? You look perfect now.:smile:
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    awesome!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    I went to your blog site and those photos are excellent. Congratulations on becoming heart healthy. Suggestion: Your site layout is very nice but that background photo, even though it's very breathtaking and excellent, makes reading the blog somewhat difficult. You may wish to consider revising the fonts to BOLD type and/or selecting a background photo with lighter colors. If you would like to do side-by-side comparison photos, you can download PICASA 3 @ www.picasa.com free and there are no hidden fees (it's a Google program...free). On Picasa 3, you can create a COLLAGE photo by dragging and dropping the photos you wish to use for the side-by-side effect. I never used it before a couple of days ago & input 5 photos by overlapping them until I obtained the "look" I wanted. It was easy to do.

You have obviously made amazing progress with your MFP program. There is no need for you to wait until you hit that ultimate goal weight for before/after photos...instead, look at the before 'n progress photos concept. It's a great motivator, especially to other MFP friends who are struggling to stay with their own programs. So, help your MFP friends by sharing your own success. Become their "role model" to encourage them to keep on going.

Stay happy :)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    That's awesome! Congrats! I agree, it's what you see in the mirror that matters more than obsessing over a number. I'm aiming for desintegrating my love handles and belly rolls more than anything else. I WANT curve, not a 6 pack. I've told my boyfriend overbearing muscles on women just looks wrong, we should be slightly softer (a healthy soft) haha!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    agree, you look stunning!!

hot hot curves

congrats
  • LOL, I also have a booty. That's why I'm convinced the BMI will forever think I'm overweight.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    You look great!
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    You look great!
  • deenaspell
    Thank you so much, everyone! I think we all need to REALLY look at ourselves in the mirror every now and then to get a true view of ourselves. It's crazy. I look like I weigh 20lbs less than I do!
  • deenaspell
    Thanks for the site suggestions! I was thinking of changing the background photo, but I've left it alone since it's "fall" like. I am going to do a collage of weight loss from March, but I'm waiting until I'm at my goal weight. Something about closure, LOL! I was really hoping to be able t do it by the end of this month, but oh well!
  • craizydaizy
    craizydaizy Posts: 27 Member
    You DO look Amazing! Kudos to you for realizing that the number on the scale isn't what it's all about. I was disappointed the first few months I started and the numbers weren't going down like I thought they would. Meanwhile, my boyfriend was losing 2-3 pounds every week. I finally realized that my body had changed when my mother bought me some shorts for my birthday. She bought my usual size, and when I tried them on, they were way too big! She bought me a size 14 and I ended up having to exchange them for a 10. I still have about 11 lbs to lose to be considered a "healthy weight", but I feel so much more healthier now than when I started. I've been stumbling quite a bit since fall started, but your blog helped remind me that I need to find an exercise that is enjoyable and fun to me. That way it doesn't feel like a chore to do it. (and I'm bookmarking your blog btw..that was a fun read!)
  • deenaspell
    Go us! Big booties = learning curves for BMIs! LOL
  • deenaspell
    I know, I know! Everyone wants before pictures, but I PROMISE I am going to do a collage of my weight loss since March, but I'm waiting until I'm at my goal weight. Something about closure, LOL! It would feel unfinished if I did it now.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Did you steal that booty from Serena Williams lol ?? but you look great Girl
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    I don't go by the BMI Ht/Wt chart anymore b/c, you're right, it isn't the most accurate way to measure your fat to muscle ratio. Not only does it not take into consideration those who may carry a little extra "junk in the trunk", it also doesn't account for bone structure and those body types like mine that naturally carry more muscle than the average person...even when "out of shape". If at all possible, you should have your BMI measured by a fitness professional using calipers. Then compare the number to the BMI chart. Mine is usually at least 3-4 points less by the caliper measurements. For someone my size, 260lbs, that's not saying much, but for someone like you, those few points are very telling.
  • deenaspell
    HAHAHA! I know, it's always really surprising to people! :-P
    Did you steal that booty from Serena Williams lol ?? but you look great Girl
  • deenaspell
    You're right. I used to work at a gym and the last time I had it done was at my smallest. I was at 18% body-fat and a BMI of like, 21. CRA-CRA!
    I don't go by the BMI Ht/Wt chart anymore b/c, you're right, it isn't the most accurate way to measure your fat to muscle ratio. Not only does it not take into consideration those who may carry a little extra "junk in the trunk", it also doesn't account for bone structure and those body types like mine that naturally carry more muscle than the average person...even when "out of shape". If at all possible, you should have your BMI measured by a fitness professional using calipers. Then compare the number to the BMI chart. Mine is usually at least 3-4 points less by the caliper measurements. For someone my size, 260lbs, that's not saying much, but for someone like you, those few points are very telling.
  • You look really good! Yeah I wonder what you would look like at your goal weight since you are pretty slim now. Just monitor how you look and how comfortable you feel I guess. it's true though the type of exercise you do has a huge impact on how your body shapes up. You just gave me an idea. I'll do some more research on that.
  • U look awesome! Great Job! I luv the boots too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!