Beef jerky at 1130pm for a late night snack??

Options
What do you guys think of having beef jerky by Jack links at 1130pm for a late night snack? Healthy or not? help me out. :]

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    What do you guys think of having beef jerky by Jack links at 1130pm for a late night snack? Healthy or not? help me out. :]
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It depends on what time you go to bed. You should stop eating 2 hours before bedtime.
  • DelTonious_Max
    Options
    Although I love jerky's they tend to give me indigestion. That wouldn't be to good before bed for me. I wouldn't make it a regular thing myself. But that's me.

Were you able to figure the calorie amount per Jerky stick? Reason I ask that is that I usually don't eat just one. Did I mention I like Jerky's? :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen! :laugh: :tongue: j/k... well I don't eat the stuff, I say if you have the cals...eat it if you'd like. :tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Although I love jerky's they tend to give me indigestion. That wouldn't be to good before bed for me. I wouldn't make it a regular thing myself. But that's me.

Were you able to figure the calorie amount per Jerky stick? Reason I ask that is that I usually don't eat just one. Did I mention I like Jerky's? :wink:
    I have no idea why but I have just NEVER been able to get into it, not the slim jims, the jerkey none of it. I took a cautious bite of a meat stick once (ok, already a weird name for it), ew..

Tasted jerky, ok ok, only a teensy tiny bite so maybe not enough to get a real feel for it. I just tasted salt... am I missing something? I've heard some say homemade is the only way to go and that it tastes much different than pkg'd?

FC:heart:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I would think that would be a good choice of snack!

I can buy a HUGE bag of jerky (and it is NOT cheap!) and my kids plow right through it - they LOVE jerky! My husband makes homemade every now and then too, and it is literally GONE within minutes. I figure it is a much better snack then a package of Oreo's, you know?