Not new, but looking for friends.

Options
Hey there, my name is Melody, and my goal weight is to lose between 98-103 pounds. I started in March, but I don't have many friends on here and would like to keep myself coming back. I have lost 47 pounds so far, so I'm almost halfway through my weight loss journey. Feel free to add me if you're losing 10 pounds or 100. I would like some upbeat and encouraging people to make losing weight fun with. =]

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great job on being half way to your goal! My goal is 115 lbs. I'm looking for encouraging friends too! I'll add you. :smile:
  • danika123
    Options
    Hi Melody,
    I'm actually new. I put this app on my phone a year ago just to play with it but never used it to work on my weight loss. I joined slimgenics a week ago and this site seems perfect for keeping track of what I'm doing. Anyway, I live in Littleton, CO and have only about 23 total lbs to lose. I've lost 5 so far. Slimgenics is predicting my weight loss will be complete in December. Then I go to the balance and maintenance portions of the plan. On my plan we don't actually count calories, but we count foods by portions, and there's a specific structure to it. (Ie: 2 Starches, 4 Veggies, 1 fat, 2 proteins, etc... each day) What type of plan are you on? Nice job on your 47 lb loss! That's fantastic!

Feel free to add me too!

Danika
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    well done for losing 47 pounds!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Great job on what you've accomplished so far. Losing that 47 pounds is no small thing. Best of luck to you. :) Cheers.
  • sareaves
    Options
    Wow, you're doing great and I admire your positive attitude and resolve. I gained 88lbs with my last pregnancy, so far I've lost 78lbs. I have another 10lbs to lose before I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight. My goal is to reach 135 by my son's first bday on Dec. 20. I joined this site about a month or so ago. It's a great tool. Feel free to add me.
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    Oh goodness no no no! My goal is to LOSE 98-103 pounds! Haha.

Just to clear that up, everyone, I'm 5'6" and I want to weigh 150-155! I started at 253! I'm now at 206.
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    WELL DONE for losing 78lbs!!!
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    i live in the uk and we do everything in stones and pounds .. can't believe the amount of weight some of u have lost!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness no no no! My goal is to LOSE 98-103 pounds! Haha.

Just to clear that up, everyone, I'm 5'6" and I want to weigh 150-155! I started at 253! I'm now at 206.

That's better! Best of luck to you, doll!
  • tlhpruitt
    tlhpruitt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to MFP. I have lost over 100 pounds so far and I'm down to the lat 16. I was looking for a site that I could track my daily food as I transition and maintain my weight loss. This looks like a great site with much support. Glad to be here.
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on how far you've come!!!! That's fantastic!
  • stardust91
    Options
    Hi! I plan on losing at least 30-40 pounds. In addition to that I really want to tone up.