NSV - First 5K

Options
BioQueen
BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
Hi guys!

I started running in the summer and I picked out a 5K to run in October (today) so I could work towards a goal. I started out at 4.0 mph on the treadmill for 15 minutes at a time. WELL I ran my 5K today and it was great! Everyone was so nice and the weather was perfect. I ran 30:12, a time I NEVER thought I would get on my first race. I definitely felt like I pushed harder. One guy at the end ~my age was talking with me after and said: "I looked behind me towards the middle and no one was there. Then you came out of nowhere!" I ended up finishing with him.

It's an awesome day!

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Very cool, congrats. I am just starting out on running and would like to do a 5K next year.
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    congrats.
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    GRATS!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!!! Cograts!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    Excellent! Well done, that was a good time for your first 5K! :drinker:
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I ran my first 5k today, too! But definitely not as fast as you...way to kick some booty!
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! thanks for sharing. I've started walking recently and running a 5k is my long term fitness goal...your story has given me hope and inspiration...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Very well done. Be proud of yourself.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And I know all of you who want to get there will! 100 % possible!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    whoohooo!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I ran my first 5K in April. Loved the sense of accomplishment!!! KUDOS!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome time for your first 5K!! Congrats

I'll warn you though, it starts with 5Ks, before you know it you're doing marathons, triathlons, duathlons. It's the best kind of addiction :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!