What are everyone’s goals till Christmas.....?

Options
When I started this journey on the 4th of May this year I did not really set any specific targets.

Now having managed to lose 76 lbs in 28 weeks I would really like to reach a total of 100lbs by Christmas

I have stepped up my exercise a lot, and will continue to eat well and think positive.

What goals have you set yourself to end the year and what are you changing to try to reach them?

Lucy

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    My goal is really just to start on a downward movement of the scale again :(
    Been stuck for months and months on the same 5 lbs.
    Added weight training in this week to help!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I hoping to reach 170lbs by Christmas....only 12lbs away. Be nice to be 50lbs lighter seeing my family.
  • JillM135
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by Christmas!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My goal for Christmas was to reach 35 pounds lost. Now since I am within 5 pounds of meeting that goal I am rethinking to make that a Halloween or Thanksgiving goal. I'm not sure what to set for a Christmas goal, but I have been thinking about it.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 5 more pounds by Christmas.
  • bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was in quite a lul for a long time of just not going anywhere. I lost 25 lbs and then gained back 8! That is when I said no way! So I have been kicking it back into gear and in the last two weeks have lost 5 lbs.

Original SW 176
    Second SW 158
    CW 154
    1st GW 140 by 12/19/11 Leave for Hawaiian Vacation
    2nd GW 130 by 2/14/11 Valentine's Day - Saying I don't need a man to look this good! lol
  • AliasSha
    AliasSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal for Christmas is to lose 20 pounds by then. I think it would delightfully shock my parents who I know will buy me much bigger then needed sizes for clothes, lol. (They would always buy me XLs when I needed Ms and such)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    just to start losing again!
    i have lost aout 7lbs in total since last xmas :( not through bloody trying tho i will tell you...:sad:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago and have yet to set any goals for myself. I know what my weight was before I went away on my vacation. I came back to being 14 lbs lighter, without really trying. I walked for hours every day. Apparently that's all it took. I recently joined a guy, I try to get there 5 days a week. As far as the "weight" goes, I just like when I put on jeans, that they feel looser. I need to get myself a BELT. I hope your enjoying yourself here, I know I am!!!! :)
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    My goal is to finish C25K by Christmas. Which means I need to start this week! :laugh:
  • HoneyDancer
    Options
    I'd like to lose 10lbs by Christmas. Just need to stick to the plan and spend more time on this site :)
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 10 lbs by xmas! Haven't done my first weigh in yet, so I'm not sure here I am on my way to that goal...
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! That's really fantastic, and I admire your persistence and hard work.

My goals are modest...lose 15 lbs by Christmas. Actually, I'd be happy with 10, if 15 doesn't happen.

I've kept off around 30 lbs since 2009, with 18 of it, since joining MFP in February. I have a long way to go, but for some reason,this is working for me, losing it slowly, even though I wish I were motivated to do it more quickly.

In November, I'd like to add more exercise and more daily activity that can burn calories. I'm taking the stairs more at work and taking brisk (short) walks during the work day when I have to attend meetings or run errands. But I think I need to sit down less (including at my computer!)
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know losing 40lbs is over doing it, but I'd like to weigh 200lbs by Christmas so really my goal is to lose as much as possible to get to that.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    my birthday is on may 4 :) so you started your journey on my bday :) Wish you luck. I I do hope to have my belly a bit firm and flat. I dont wnat to loose to much but maybe 20lbs or so. Since im tiny already just my belly need work.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    I want to be double digits by christmas...
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My FIRST original end all, be all goal was to reach 135 pounds. I was supposed to do this in October. Sidetracked by taking care of my dad full time after he fell and broke his shoulder, I had lost a couple of pounds and have more or less maintained that without logging food or exercise. I was very proud of myself for that accomplishment!

Now my dad is better and on his own. I am exploring a plant based diet and learning how to eat all over again with that. Can't throw myself into it with my husband cooking meat all the time for his cooking of our meals, but I am learning to really pump up the veggies, which he will also eat, too.

I have 6 1/2 pounds to lose to reach 135. I would like to split the difference and see if I can lose 3 pounds by Christmas. That would put me solidly under 140 which is HUGE!! I am very thoughtful about overcoming Halloween (easy for me as it is only trick or treaters to deal with), and Thanksgiving which will have some minor food bumps in the road, but I can manage by eating smaller portions of those things and again adding a large salad for myself at the very least while making hubby's favorites. I would LOVE to meet my goal by New Year's Day. I'll always remember Valerie Bertinelli saying in her Jenny Craig commercial "this is the first year I won't have to worry about making a New Year's Resolution to lose weight." I want to say that too, and move on to making my life, & diet healthier, and my exercise routines more regular.

Best of luck to everyone! = D
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 9 lbs and be down 3% of body fat by Christmas! To do that I have to get back into a regular exercise routine and get my eating under control. I can do this!!
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    I have a goal of losing 20 pounds by Christmas,.........I know exercise will be a big part of that. So far I have lost five pounds and feel really motivated.
    I have a lot of clothes in my closet that I will be able to fit then if I'm successful,......so that itself will be a reward. I am tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes that are allow too tight. :0(
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    Kotersmom,.......good luck to you, and yes you can absolutely do it. Looks like we joined around the same time, how are you finding the site so far?