Overeating during Diwali

Options
It is Diwali ----the Festival of Lights in India this coming week. It is a celebratory occasion for meeting friends and exchanging gifts. Obviously, one is compelled to `overeat' by your friends,relatives and others and it is difficult to stick to your diet plan.

So I have decided to ``let go'' and enjoy the festive spirit even if it involves binge eating. I am confident that I will start losing weight again after the Festival is over. But I will be logging in my weight and food/exercise even though they may marginally go up.

Replies

• wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy Diwali!! My husband is also indian, so I am in the same boat for next week. Mmmmm food is so good, its hard to say no!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was in the hospital last Diwali, so I didn't have to worry too much. Now this is the twins' first Diwali, and I'm sure their grandparents are going to go overboard!

Thankfully, I hate mithai!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude. Just enjoy yourself and get back on track when you have finished celebrating.

Happy Diwali to you and your family!
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ooh.. my mum's started making sweets at home n d sweet smell drives me crazy.. I will stay away from the sweets this Diwali - I choose to go to office rather than stay at home for 4 days, coz if i stay home, dats wat ill do - Hogg!!!

I read this quote in a lady's signature - What you put in your mouth will either take you one step towards or one step away from your goal!!!!!

That laddu & chakli will only mess all my previous efforts of the past 2 months n I knw it has ZERO nutrition. So I will avoid it as much as possy ppl!!! Put health before anything else!!!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    thankfully im not gona eat all d usual diwali food dis time since m livin alone..... also im not much of a sweet tooth :smile:
    but i hope my neighbours don't try to stuff me sweets :tongue:

I read this quote in a lady's signature - What you put in your mouth will either take you one step towards or one step away from your goal!!!!!

awwssmm!!!!!!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Happy Diwali! Sounds like a wonderful holiday!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Happy Diwali and as everyone's stated, it's a celebration! don't be too hard on yourself!