Christmas Present for my Wife

Options
Hi, I started exercising 20 minutes a day burning 325 calories and limiting myself to one normal dinner meal a day. Since June 2011 I've lost 26 lbs. If I keep on my trajectory, I'll be at my wedding day weight of 10 years ago by Christmas. I have about 10 lbs to go. That is one of my presents to my beautiful wife.

I plan to continue losing weight in this fashion through to Memorial Day next year when I'll be at my ideal weight for my medium body frame.

Looking forward to accountability partners!

Cheers!

Mark

Replies

• Sherrysemper
    Options
    Hi Mark, may I ask what you are doing to lose 325 calories in 20 min? Congratulations on your weight lose, your doing GREAT and I'm sure your wife is already very proud of you and by losing you have just given yourself and her longer to live with each other, Lord willing that is! *HI* :)
  • MarkC1963
    MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry!

I have a NordicTrack Treadmill which I have on the highest incline setting of 10 and do a powerwalk of 4.0 mph for 20 minutes. I have a very slow metabolism and don't break a sweat typically until I'm about 8 minutes into the session. I started at the beginning very slow for my stride at 3.0 mph at a zero incline level and then each day added 0.1 mph to the speed until I got to 4.0 mph. Any faster and I'd be jogging and I don't want the wear/tear on my knees from that. After I got to 4.0 mph, I gradually increased the incline each day until I got to the highest setting. When my body gets used to this and the weight loss slows, I'll have to go longer to maintain my trajectory.

What's your program like? :)