After a large meal

Options
So I decided to have a large meal before work because I probably won't be able to eat. One thing I've been practicing is shrinking my stomach and getting use to eating less at one time. Though right now I had a large meal and I just feel big and gross what do I need to do to help with digestion?

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    dont do that next time and pack something to eat while at work??
  • Kina7381
    Kina7381 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to help with the digestion.
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    thats a bloat out uncomfortable feeling take some andrews salts for overindulgenceand indigestion then go for a walk works for me if i have a little too much
  • tayniicole
    Options
    drink tea or water, go for a walk
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    its best to walk it off if you can
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    why would you want to eat a large meal before working out ? I think its best to have a filling snack before workouts I usually eats nuts or granola bar

I'm talking about work like a job.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Have a large mug of green tea. It really works with digestion and has tons of other health benefits.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Eat different food next time, it really makes a difference. If I know I'll only be able to eat like twice a day, I eat majority of my food for breakfast or lunch and honestly I feel great and it lasts me all day until I get home in the evening and then I'm probably hungry again and I eat something light, if anything at all.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    After doing 5 / 6 small meals per day for the past year, I have come to realize that it has encouraged snacking between those meals because I simply don't feel satisfied after eating 400 - 500 calories. Do any of you find this is the case with your 5 or 6 meals per day?

I wouldn't worry about having eaten too much at one meal, what is going to matter the most is that you are eating the right target amount of calories in a day. And even more important, where those calories are coming from.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    After doing 5 / 6 small meals per day for the past year, I have come to realize that it has encouraged snacking between those meals because I simply don't feel satisfied after eating 400 - 500 calories. Do any of you find this is the case with your 5 or 6 meals per day?

I wouldn't worry about having eaten too much at one meal, what is going to matter the most is that you are eating the right target amount of calories in a day. And even more important, where those calories are coming from.

Yes...several small meals throughout the day is a bad idea (for me). I prefer to eat like a python.