Jeans

Options
courtmentzer
courtmentzer Posts: 4 Member
As a gift for my birthday my husband gave me money to buy clothes that fit since I've lost a little weight...I got a size 10....they are big but the 8s were too small. I tried several different places and tried on I can count how many jeans...my legs are thinner than my waist and jeans are tough to buy now. =( Any suggestions?

p.s. my birthday was in September...I'm around the same weight give or take a couple pounds but my jeans are big in the butt/ thigh area, fit my hips loose and big on my waist.

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I would try Junior jeans, and see if you can find some that fit there. I'm 5'9 and in a size 7 juniors and size 8 misses.

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • pixievalarie
    Options
    I just had the worst time finding new jeans, the 14s too big and the 12s too small, and no 13s to be found.
    What I found that worked for me were twelves that we american eagles, I think they are called boyfriend jeans. They fit really really low, which worked so much better for me.
    all my other jeans were saggy in the butt and thighs.
  • skinnyjweb
    Options
    Not sure where you live but in MN there is a store called Hot Mama. They specialize in getting women great fitting jeans. They have lots of brands, and the women who work there totally get how to fit women in jeans. It is expensive - but good jeans can last forever. Good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have larger hips and a smaller waist - so I have issues finding pants that fit both areas comfortably.

Size 10 pants - as a rule - are too big for me in the waist, but they fit well in the hips. Size 8 pants fit perfectly in the waist, but I find quite a few clothing manufacturers seem to think that if you're an 8 you don't have any hips and cut the hips super narrow.

As a rule, I buy a 10 and use a belt since they feel better in the hips.
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Can you find your size in Wide? I am somewhere between a 16-18 depending on brand and style. Sometimes the 16 is too tight but 16w is perfect. I've never looked at the smaller sizes so I'm really not sure if they make wide in smaller sizes though.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions except for the fact that I'm in the same boat, so I know how you feel! I am in between sizes and I ended up buying the smaller size in the hope that I'll continue my weight loss and they will fit in a couple weeks.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem... I'm hoping by Christmas when I get some money to go shopping 6/8s will fit right... let me know if you find a good brand/store!
  • StuffyStuff
    StuffyStuff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference between Womens clothes and regular...Even when I cant wear a 18 regular i could wear a 16W. Its hard finding the right fit especially when you are losing weight. I find that some clothes in 1x fit me and others are still too small...its so weird..I have size 18w dress that fits but so does my 14/16w( and its a lil big). Your body is shifting....if you plan to continue to lose weight I wouldnt invest too much money in jeans( or clothes for that matter)....that you will probably shrink out of . Good Luck
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Shop, shop and shop around some more. Every store has a different fit to their sizing. I fit into a solid 10 in some jeans but at American Eagle I fit into an 8. Look into junior sized jeans, they have a more narrow cut than women's clothes (since most teens don't have the curves of women just yet). If you plan on loosing more weight I would look for brand name resale shops. We have a great one in my town and I got 5 pairs of name brand jeans for 60 bucks, plus I know that when I out grow them I can go back to the same shop and sell them back.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think women are all shaped so differently that jeans shopping can be the hardest thing to do. I did it recently and just had to take forever trying everything on. In the end it was worth it because I eventually found something that fit like a glove. So, don't give up. Try things on and take your time. You'll be glad that you did when you finally find that pair that fits you well.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    They are expensive, but my favorite brand is Not Your Daughter's Jeans. I want more of them. I only have pair right now and would wear them all the time if I could.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have larger hips and a smaller waist - so I have issues finding pants that fit both areas comfortably.

Size 10 pants - as a rule - are too big for me in the waist, but they fit well in the hips. Size 8 pants fit perfectly in the waist, but I find quite a few clothing manufacturers seem to think that if you're an 8 you don't have any hips and cut the hips super narrow.

Try Ann Taylor Loft! They have a curvy fit in all their cuts. Thats the only pants that fit me! LOVE THEM! they are smaller in the waist and bigger in the hips and thighs. you do have to do a little shimmying to get them over the butt and hips but once over they fi tgreat! Also they are expensive but i can always find a good pair on a 20 dollar sale
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    Options
    The only thing worse than jeans shopping is swim suit shopping. :laugh:

That said, I work at Old Navy. We carry several different styles (ask an associate or read the charts on the denim wall for info; or look on line, then go to the store to try on). The nice thing is that when they're on sale, you can get good deals... for me, that means not spending a lot of $$ on jeans I don't plan to fit in in a few months!

When I reach my goal weight, I'll find my *ideal* jeans, no matter how much they cost!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I always get American Eagle. They have a little give to them, so a 4 fits, whereas at most other places, a 4 is the slightest bit snug in the thigh. Boyfriend and Original Boot are currently my faves but I need new skinnies!
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When jeans fit, they are the best garment ever! Lee jeans and Levis are my faves in misses sizes and not dreadful on the budget. The Levis brand at Walmart are quite reasonable. When I get to my goal weight, I have informed my hubby that we are going to Buckle to buy a pair of Rock Revival or other ungodly expensive jeans as a reward. My teen daughter will make sure that they make my butt look good!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Find the jeans that fit you best in the most areas, take them to a tailor or seamstress and have them altered to fit you. It doesn't cost that much usually. If you can find a moderately priced pair of jeans, and spend a little more to get them altered, then you're going to have a FANTASTIC pair of jeans that fit you perfectly. It's what I do with my Old Navy Jeans, because they are the only jeans that I can find that are long enough.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Try Ann Taylor Loft! They have a curvy fit in all their cuts. Thats the only pants that fit me! LOVE THEM! they are smaller in the waist and bigger in the hips and thighs. you do have to do a little shimmying to get them over the butt and hips but once over they fi tgreat! Also they are expensive but i can always find a good pair on a 20 dollar sale

Ah. Thank you! I'm gonna see if I can find a pair of these. I need jeans that don't gap in the back because the waist is too big, but the hips are perfect.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Ah. Thank you! I'm gonna see if I can find a pair of these. I need jeans that don't gap in the back because the waist is too big, but the hips are perfect.

I bet you'll find some! I wear a 10 in petite and an 8 in regular.. well i did last time i went shopping i could probably move down a size now. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! I absolutely love American Eagle Boyfriend fit. The 10's fit my hips/thighs perfectly, but a little loose around the waist. But, 8's were too snug creating the dreaded muffin top...lol! So I got the 10. As seen in my profile pic...I love AE, even though I'm getting a little too old to shop there...sigh...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I just found this out the other day, the Buckle will alter your pants to fit your body perfectly for free (if you buy your pants from them). Being someone who is short, I am too tall for short and too short for regular length I have become quite accustomed to a tailor. They are worth every dime.
    If i were rich i would have one on staff.