should i take a break from the gym?

Options
Hi everyone! I went to the gym everyday so far this week and was thinking about taking today off. But I went to the movies last night and indulged on popcorn, chocolate, etc. so I was think I could really use a workout today...
should I keep the gym going, or take a day off??

Replies

• Lynn1987
    Options
    Hi everyone! I went to the gym everyday so far this week and was thinking about taking today off. But I went to the movies last night and indulged on popcorn, chocolate, etc. so I was think I could really use a workout today...
    should I keep the gym going, or take a day off??
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    Don't know what you did on your gym days, but when in doubt, a brisk walk is a safe choice.
  • meganlorraine
    Options
    Your body does need recoup days, especially if it is not used to working out on a daily basis. It's better for your muscles to take the time and heal and rebuild. However, if you are going to feel guilty about popcorn and chocolate last night, then it's not worth the guilt at all for a day off! Either way, you should at least take it a bit easy today to give your body a break. :) Hope that helps and keep up the GREAT work!!
  • csantos1182
    Options
    i was thinking the same thing for myself. I decided to exercise, I always feel better when I do:flowerforyou:
  • Lynn1987
    Options
    Thanks for all your inputs! I think if I go I will do as you said, saskia, just do a brisk walk on the treadmill and definitely some stretching. I went to yoga yesterday for the first time since the new year, and man oh man am I sore! haha!
    Again, thank you all so much for responding!!! :happy: