Can't Eat Enough

Options
There's no way I'm going to be able to eat enough stuff on these new Muay Thai days.

I just had a smoothie for no reason other than to add Calories, and I've still got 975 left today with all meals done.

Without eating a double cheeseburger and fries, how am I going to get 3000 Cal on these days?

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    3k cals is your food goal BEFORE exercise?? I'd probably readjust your goals.
  • KLLever
    KLLever Posts: 39
    Options
    Are you talking about eating your earned/exercise calories? I struggle with that as well. I exercise a lot and have found that it's impossible to eat all my calories. I mean, I could enter myself in a hot dog eating contest, but that's kind of counterproductive. There are some members that absolutely swear by the "eat your exercise calories" rule, but it just doesn't work for me. I hope you find what works for you :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Make a peanut butter sandwich and a tall glass of whole milk?

I have never struggled with getting enough calories xD
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Plan it out. You can do it. Don't pretend it isn't an awesome problem to have :)
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    Hot dog contest- you are funny! Love it!
  • Lamemind
    Lamemind Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Its okay to not eat your calories back after exercise as long as the net calories doesn't go below 1200 (1500 if your obese). I would talk to a doctor if you lose more than 10 lbs a month using the advice I just gave, it could indicate a medical issue instead of healthy weight loss.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Its okay to not eat your calories back after exercise as long as the net calories doesn't go below 1200 (1500 if your obese). I would talk to a doctor if you lose more than 10 lbs a month using the advice I just gave, it could indicate a medical issue instead of healthy weight loss.

1500/1200 calorie numbers MEAN NOTHING.

What really matters is eating enough to provide his body with the nutrients and energy it needs. For an large obese male, 1500 is typically not enough even still.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    calorically dense foods

nuts
    nut butters
    full fat diary
    pasta
    avocados
    ice cream
    pop tarts
    etc etc
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Oh, no. After.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

His goal is 3k on days he does Muy Thai.

To the OP: instead of eating more food, find food that is naturally higher in calories. Acg has already provided a great list for you.