How do you clean your HRM strap?

My Polar ft4's manual says to wash the strap in 104 degree F in the washing machine yet the next sentence it says NOT to submerge. Ugh. So how do you clean it and allow it to still work properly?

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    I wash it in our front load machine on delicate with other such stuff and let it drip dry.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    I toss it in the lingerie bag and wash it on delicate. Just don't use fabric softener or put it in the dryer.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Don't submerge the sensor or the watch. The strap should be fine under water, or at least mine is.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I wash it in our front load machine on delicate with other such stuff and let it drip dry.

This is what I do too...Polar FT4
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    I have the exact same model and I just handwash mine in my bathroom sink with soapy water. I'm careful not to get the transmitter wet (plastic parts). This works pretty well.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    soap and water in the sink
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    soap and water in the sink

This is what I do with mine as well.
  • Thankyou!!! Maybe that's what it meant, not to submerge the transmitter. So appreciate everyone's fast response! :flowerforyou:
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    I wipe off the transmitter w an antibacterial wipe and then a damp washcloth (cuz that stuff would irritate my skin) and wash the fabric part in the sink w soap and warm water and air dry them both.
  • soap and water in the sink

I agree.. Some soap and water in the sink. Let air dry..

Think of it as a pair of expensive panty hose!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    I wipe the plastic connectors and chest piece off with an alcohol soaked cotton ball. I throw my strap into the dishwasher, top shelf.
    I just like to use the search feature and bump old posts about HRM straps.