How much calories do you burn during Softball?

Options
I was calculating 3 hours of Softball and it came to like 900+ calories burned and that just seems WAY too much! Especially since much of the game you spend standing around.
I just played a full day of Softball and i want to add it to my Exercise diary.

Anyone here happen to know approximately how much calories are burned during an hour of playing?
I know it can't be exact because of different skill levels. I am a pretty decent player for a gal.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you! :)

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Maybe try putting on a pedometer, count half as walking and half as sprinting? I can't see it being that much. I play rover (because I want to get the most exercise - running back and forth) and am shocked when most sites say I burn more standing around playing softball than I do floor hockey.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    What position you play? I'm a pitcher and the time I wore a HRM I burnt around 250 calories a game. That included two doubles and the batter behind me hitting a home run (so a triple for me to run)

No WW would you burn 900 calories for 3 hours.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I wore an HRM last night playing.. I played 2 games about 2.5 hours. I played outfield and had to cover center and right (cuz our right fielder was awful). Both games were super high scores and I personally scored 10 times between the 2. Anyway, the HRM showed 510 total for both games and I did way more running and moving last night than I have all season.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I think when I put mine in (because I don't have a HRM) I will put down half the time as I actually am playing.