lean cuisine

Options
just wondering how many people have used and stuck to a lean cuisine diet, and lost weight. over the weekend, i shopped and they were on sale, so i bought several of them. i just ate my first one, and they are really good. too good i think. are there some hidden tricks in them? lol.

terri

Replies

• terriberri
    Options
    just wondering how many people have used and stuck to a lean cuisine diet, and lost weight. over the weekend, i shopped and they were on sale, so i bought several of them. i just ate my first one, and they are really good. too good i think. are there some hidden tricks in them? lol.

terri
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So far I've been eating them once a day for lunch usually and having regular supper....I'm finding it pretty darn easy, because they taste so good!
    Most of them have lower sodium, just make sure to keep below the recommended sodium amount (I think its something like 2400 mg's per day).......=o)))

First week I lost 7 lbs....but that was a lot of water weight I believe.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I like them! I try not to eat them all the time because they are high in sodium. But, otherwise they aren't bad. And they fill me up! So, enjoy within reason!

*Kistinbee*
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Yes, I eat those and Smart One's almost every day! Stock up on them when they are on sale!!!! I don't think the sodium is too bad compared to others either...
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I have a lean pocket or a meal quite a bit...they are easy for me when I go to school....I enjoy them and know exactly how many calories I am eating...

dd
  • GinaB30
    Options
    ^Exactly.
    Compared to some choices we could be making, the sodium isn't that bad, and so long as you stay under the daily amount I don't see the problem at all.
    Today for example, one I had for lunch only had 240 calories and 5g's of fat...I think that's pretty good for a filling lunch! lol
  • terriberri
    Options
    very cool then.....i was worried there was some hidden deal with them because they taste amazingly good. i am doing them for lunch only, and i don't know how long i'll stick to them, but for now it's good to know that they are a good deal.

i also bought one of those lean pockets....all grain? haven't tried it yet. i've been weary of the frozen stuff, now i'm getting excited about it!
    lol
  • GinaB30
    Options
    So long as you do some low cal snacks and then have a good sensible supper, I think you'll do great! =o)
  • terriberri
    Options
    i am attempting to stick to fruit mostly as snacks, but i did prepare myself for the salt cravings i get by getting fat free popcorn, and i am also stocked up on the 100 nabisco snacks, plus i made sugar free jello last nite, and put fresh bananas in it.

it's very hard to do this, on the wings of quitting smoking, but i don't want to gain anymore just because i've quit. ugh!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I usually eat one for lunch 5 days a week because I have a very short lunch break. Calories range from 170 to 300. I don't eat much sodium food otherwise so I don't worry about it. I average about 700mg out of the daily maximum 2500mg (for me). I really like the variety compared to others, but occasionally I will get Healthy Choice as well. I read somewhere that Lean Cuisine has less fat and Healthy Choice has less sodium. I don't know how true that is or not. Definitely stock up on them on sale if you decide you like them!! I usually add a piece of fruit to round out the meal.
  • daniellerprescott
    Options
    I just had the panini for lunch, soooo good, you put it on a toast thing in the microwave but it tastes great, chicken and mushroom on some flat bread. I recommend it to anyone and it is 280 calories for two slices, not bad.
  • rkduhnke
    Options
    Check out the sodium content and watch out that is the trick to loosing weight too. No retaining water!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of the frozen meals but if they are working for you and you can keep them down then make it a part of your diet. Life is crazy and sometimes these little tricks, like frozen meals can be the difference between eatting something a little less healthy than fresh and eatting trans fat, saturated fat loaded fast food!

Keep it up! :happy:
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisines are really good- the sesame chicken is awesome. Anyway...we have them for dinner every once in awhile when we need something quick and easy. They are pretty low in sodium compared to other preppared foods and frozen meals so I think they are a good choice.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat these frozen pre-made meals, but on those days that I'm very busy or running late, they are very handy, and I must admit they taste better than I would have thought. I try to stick with the Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones, I find them to be a bit better quality and the sodium seems a little less then the others, although still on the high side.
  • rhondababy
    Options
    I think the trick is in the portion size- they are a moderate amount of food, but because they have a bit of fat in them they actually keep you full! I usually make a great big green salad, dressed with a teaspoon of olive oil, fresh garlic, and lemon when I eat a frozen meal so that I am getting some healthy fresh veggies along with it.
    I find them very satisfying and great in a pinch.
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    You mean that 10 for $15 sale, I bought so many! I incorporate them into my diet now(not every day though) and they have always helped me out. Even when I'm not watching my weight I buy them cuz I like them. When I do eat have them though I always have a big plate of veggies on the side.:bigsmile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I just had the panini for lunch, soooo good, you put it on a toast thing in the microwave but it tastes great, chicken and mushroom on some flat bread. I recommend it to anyone and it is 280 calories for two slices, not bad.
    I looove the mushroom, cheddar & steak panini!!
    But I have to take out the mushrooms... *ick*

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mrsbrcrossjr
    Options
    I LOVE lean cuisine!!!! They taste better than most of the rest. They don't have preservatives either. It's good for someone on the go. My favs are hunan beef and deluxe pizza.
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    I'm not a big fan; I find I always feel sluggish and thirsty after I eat them. Most have a lot of sodium. I'm a huge fan of Amy's Organics frozen entrees. I've never had better frozen food, and good for you, too.

I practically live off her veggie burgers and burritos.