Forty-five down and its starting to show!

ophelian
ophelian Posts: 32 Member
At just a little bit past my halfway mark I've hit one of those awful slumps - I'm sure you know the type, can't manage to lose more than a couple of pounds within a month. It happens to most of us. I happened to be feeling particularly frustrated by the smell of pizza and burritos wafting through my study area inside my university's Union building this past Wednesday when I was approached by a reporter from the school's paper to take part in the student Spotlight - a brief, silly interview accompanied by a photo. It seemed like fun, so I did it.

My interview was published yesterday and I couldn't believe the number of text messages I received from friends (some I hadn't seen in a year, others as few as three weeks) remarking on how much weight I'd lost. And this wasn't even a full body shot! "What's your secret?" The funniest thing is realizing how many people are unwilling to commit to or believe that eating less and working out really is the way to do it! :laugh:

I'm not losing weight for anyone other than myself, but it certainly is wonderful motivation to know that the hard work isn't going unnoticed. Bring it on, goal weight!

Replies

• ophelian
    ophelian Posts: 32 Member
    At just a little bit past my halfway mark I've hit one of those awful slumps - I'm sure you know the type, can't manage to lose more than a couple of pounds within a month. It happens to most of us. I happened to be feeling particularly frustrated by the smell of pizza and burritos wafting through my study area inside my university's Union building this past Wednesday when I was approached by a reporter from the school's paper to take part in the student Spotlight - a brief, silly interview accompanied by a photo. It seemed like fun, so I did it.

My interview was published yesterday and I couldn't believe the number of text messages I received from friends (some I hadn't seen in a year, others as few as three weeks) remarking on how much weight I'd lost. And this wasn't even a full body shot! "What's your secret?" The funniest thing is realizing how many people are unwilling to commit to or believe that eating less and working out really is the way to do it! :laugh:

I'm not losing weight for anyone other than myself, but it certainly is wonderful motivation to know that the hard work isn't going unnoticed. Bring it on, goal weight!
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Good for you! Show the picture!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that's great!!!!!!!!!! congrats
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Picture! Picture! Picture! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!